Not getting daily emails

Robert U

I've been having the same issue, for months maybe.  No, they're not in spam.  There doesn't seem to be a switch in my profile, either.  I just check the site frequently.

- bob

Sorry folks…

There is an issue where the several members have reported our newsletter as SPAM. All it takes is one individual reporting the newsletter as SPAM, and the mail provider relays that to Invision, and they block that address, permanently, to protect their email server reputation. Many times this happens accidentally, and sometimes the mail provider seems to do it based on an algorithm that no one can explain.

I have battled this for over a year (and spent hundreds of dollars) with no success.  The following email providers are the worst:

yahoo.com

ymail.com

bellsouth.net

att.net

comcast.net

The best you can do is submit a support ticket (Use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of any page) and include your email, and I will ask Invision to unblock it. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.  If it happens twice, they won’t unblock it again. 

At that point, your best bet is to change the email address you signed up with. We’ve had the best success with free Gmail accounts and free Microsoft (hotmail, exchange, etc) accounts, as they don’t seem to get blocked. 

Sorry I don’t have better news, and I hope this helps. 

PS - The only other option we have for sending out the daily newsletter is a paid email service. Since we send out about 100k emails a month, this gets really pricey really quick. For example, SendGrid would run about $30-40/month over and above the costs of the site (which are covered). 

I have Gmail so I haven't been having this problem. I can't speak to other mail servers but occasionally with Gmail something that I want is marked as spam. However I have the option of marking it as not spam and it starts go back into my inbox. I don't know if this will help anyone but it might be something to check. Obviously it won't help if the message gets remove before it even reaches your spam folder.

Edited by Tom Wallis

8 hours ago, Tom Wallis said:

I have Gmail so I haven't been having this problem.  . . . .  I have the option of marking it as not spam and it starts go back into my inbox.

I have Yahoo and, as Scotty said, they're blocked before they get to spam.  Like Sgt Schulz "I see nothinggg!".

I'm thinking of changing my profile email to an email address that will forward to Yahoo.  Coming from a different source it might get through.

- bob

3 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

I have Yahoo and, as Scotty said, they're blocked before they get to spam.  Like Sgt Schulz "I see nothinggg!".

I'm thinking of changing my profile email to an email address that will forward to Yahoo.  Coming from a different source it might get through.

- bob

That *should* work. Create a “throwaway” gmail account and forward to Yahoo. 

19 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

That *should* work. Create a “throwaway” gmail account and forward to Yahoo. 

I already had an account that all it does is forward (my old work email).  It worked like a charm.  Getting emails now. 

- bob

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 5:56 PM, Scotty Hutto said:

Sorry folks…

There is an issue where the several members have reported our newsletter as SPAM. All it takes is one individual reporting the newsletter as SPAM, and the mail provider relays that to Invision, and they block that address, permanently, to protect their email server reputation. Many times this happens accidentally, and sometimes the mail provider seems to do it based on an algorithm that no one can explain.

I have battled this for over a year (and spent hundreds of dollars) with no success.  The following email providers are the worst:

yahoo.com

ymail.com

bellsouth.net

att.net

comcast.net

The best you can do is submit a support ticket (Use the “Contact Us” button at the bottom of any page) and include your email, and I will ask Invision to unblock it. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.  If it happens twice, they won’t unblock it again. 

At that point, your best bet is to change the email address you signed up with. We’ve had the best success with free Gmail accounts and free Microsoft (hotmail, exchange, etc) accounts, as they don’t seem to get blocked. 

Sorry I don’t have better news, and I hope this helps. 

PS - The only other option we have for sending out the daily newsletter is a paid email service. Since we send out about 100k emails a month, this gets really pricey really quick. For example, SendGrid would run about $30-40/month over and above the costs of the site (which are covered). 

Yep, Yahoo and Comcast were both problems for me.  It was not only with Monacoers but with other sites blocking me from receiving emails.  I think the problem might be that when they identify an email as spam and you don't check your spam folder to identify it as not spam within a few days, they will block all future emails.  Now, once a day I check my spam folders and move anything that isn't spam back to my inbox.  So far, that seems to be working.