Splendide 2100 washer dryer combo

KevinH

The other night my wife was doing a load of wash while in the drying stage it sounded like someone shot a gun off behind our coach. I went outside to inspect and didn’t find anything or anybody .The next morning my wife was doing another load of wash and found a A piece of metal in the washer and asked me if it was important. after inspecting the wash machine I found more pieces come to find out my wife left a BIC lighter in her pocket and it blew up in the washer. After I cleaned everything up she continued using the washer about an hour later she says the washer was leaking out of the bottom of the coach. It wasn’t leaking a lot it was leaking in the drain pan and the drain pan was draining out the bottom of the coach like it supposed to. My question is does anybody know what the problem could be before I pull the unit out. My wife says what’s the big deal it’s less water in our gray tank lol. 

• Haha 1

We have the update 2200. We had a hard freeze, and we’re traveling away from the Coach. Both top valves leaked, so replaced them. We just got back from a trip and wife tried the washer, it leaked like you described.

My suspicion after replacing the inlet valves is that the plastic and glue used to hold the pump housing has cracked or come apart from being frozen.

I’ll be tearing mine apart in the next week. I was going to do a quick write up with pics of the inlet valves and now the pump. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately a lot of the components used on washers and dryers are plastic.  Since the tub is a sealed unit while washing and drying, the BIC lighter could have had enough of an explosive force to crack one of the plastic components.  The first place to check it the drain that is accessible by pulling off the front bottom panel, this is the drain I use when I winterize. 

I doesn't take much of an explosion to cause or do damage.  I use to work in mining and we used a pneumatic grout piston pump to grout with.  Over time it would build up with dried concrete.  So we'd pull it into an out of the way place and drill small holes in the concrete and use a blasting cap (and if it was stubborn small amounts of dynamite) to break the concrete.   Amazing what a small amount would do.  We'd use large amounts to blast frozen pins out of loaders, simply weld a cap over one side of the pin with a port to insert dynamite and cap, and it would pop it out.  

We removed our for more storage. Don’t miss it at all. Just sits in the garage.C3D3EEF3-324F-470D-9523-2346C4E2C18C.thumb.jpeg.928e9665393970d6260f6024223cb317.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Gary M said:

We removed our for more storage. Don’t miss it at all. Just sits in the garage.C3D3EEF3-324F-470D-9523-2346C4E2C18C.thumb.jpeg.928e9665393970d6260f6024223cb317.jpeg

My wife is lost without ours. 4 dogs and us at the Coast for a week nearly sent her over the edge for dirty clothes 

Just now, JDCrow said:

My wife is lost without ours. 4 dogs and us at the Coast for a week nearly sent her over the edge for dirty clothes 

There is always a laundromat somewhere as far as we are concerned. 

1 minute ago, JDCrow said:

I hear ya. We’ve done that too

Besides a wine cooler in there would be used more. 🍷

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Besides a wine cooler in there would be used more. 🍷

LOL can’t do wine. I have the tart gene. All wine tastes like the wetness was taken out of water, with a hint of some sort of fruit. 

Off topic, I also have the Cilantro gene. Eating Cilantro tastes like eating soap. (This one’s real) 

Just now, JDCrow said:

LOL can’t do wine. I have the tart gene. All wine tastes like the wetness was taken out of water, with a hint of some sort of fruit. 

Off topic, I also have the Cilantro gene. Eating Cilantro tastes like eating soap. (This one’s real) 

Eeeew!!!!

10 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Hey you want to sell that unit? My folks are looking for a used unit for their toy hauler 

I’ll check with the DW. Tried selling before but shipping costs were crazy. Couldn’t find anyone local who was looking for one.  At hospital right now. DW did something not good to her good knee.

7 minutes ago, Gary M said:

I’ll check with the DW. Tried selling before but shipping costs were crazy. Couldn’t find anyone local who was looking for one.  At hospital right now. DW did something not good to her good knee.

No rush at all. Take care of your wife. We might be up for a road trip, who knows we are just over the hill

Edited by JDCrow

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, JDCrow said:

No rush at all. Take care of your wife. We might be up for a road trip, who knows we are just over the hill

Ok JD

Wife says try to get rid of the washer/dryer again. Make an offer ( I would say I can’t refuse) but it better be what my DW can’t refuse. No rush on this. When we bought coach and pulled it out, I test ran it to make sure it worked. I can always do it again to make sure.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2022 at 7:33 PM, Gary M said:

Ok JD

Wife says try to get rid of the washer/dryer again. Make an offer ( I would say I can’t refuse) but it better be what my DW can’t refuse. No rush on this. When we bought coach and pulled it out, I test ran it to make sure it worked. I can always do it again to make sure.

Gary, did you sell it yet?  If not I would like to buy it

14 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Yeah we are going to pick it up. Need to find some time off work! 

Still sitting in the garage.

52 minutes ago, Rgoodman said:

Gary, did you sell it yet?  If not I would like to buy it

JD Crow has first bid and he is just trying to find time to pick it up.

4 hours ago, KevinH said:

I bit  the bullet and bought a new one. If I ever get around to figure out what’s wrong with mine I might sell it I will keep you posted. 

Mine quit spinning or agitating.  Where did you buy it and how much?

1 hour ago, Rgoodman said:

There are a lot of parts on eBay if u know what’s wrong with it.C40957F7-54F6-412A-B6F3-2CB7F6D379F6.thumb.png.112ec72ee373476c1d2f926760c2550c.png

1 hour ago, Rgoodman said:

476CAEDE-475C-44B3-A516-2B008061932D.thumb.png.7225d597abf0d4388df842a0cae810ca.png