Coach Won't Start & Trip in 2 Days!!

Hi friends, working late tonight getting ready for a trip on Thursday and our coach won't start. I mean it won't turn over at all. Not a peep back there.

Checked for a battery issue. I'm getting 13.3 volts at the chassis batteries when plugged in to shore power. Unplugged from shore power, batteries are at 12.7. Noticed that when I try to start it, the dash radio lights up but fades to dark after a few seconds and the Aladdin does not power up. If I turn on the headlights and then try to start it, the headlights stay bright. Generator fires up right away. So, I'm not leaning towards the batteries being the issue.

Attempted to start at rear of coach, with ignition switch on...nothing. Tapped on the starter...no change.
But for the "ISO RLY ON" being lit, the RRB panels were totally dark while the ignition switch was on. The FRB is lit up like Christmas.

Tomorrow I'll check voltage at the starter.

I feel like it's something simple that I'm overlooking but I just can't put my finger on it. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

6 hours ago, Rick A said:

How long has it been standing? 

3 days

I'd start at the chassis battery disconnect with a voltmeter and make sure you are getting power across it and then work your way through the circuit.

Is the Park Brake fully set. does the transmission pad light up when the key is on.  Is the transmission in N?

UPDATE: ok so taking advice from forum members I re-visited other work I had been doing on the coach to see if it could be related. Over the weekend I had been working in the FRB on a problem with the low beam connector. Specifically the  large round connectors mounted on the side of the FRB box. So, this morning I went back to the FRB and found that I had not sufficiently tightened one of those connectors. Sure enough, I tightened the connector and she started right up.

I’m overwhelmed with joy but also feeling rather embarrassed. Thank you all for weighing in with troubleshooting tips and for reminding me to re-visit work I had recently done!

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

I agree with Ray. Generally, any sudden complete failure like that usually can be traced back to whatever you had worked on repaired or replaced.

You were right Richard. I just posted an update!

2 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Worked on anything lately?   I would direct my thoughts in that direction first.

You were right Ray! I just now posted an update. Thank you!

• Like 3

Great news, thanks for the update.

Last year I was trying to fix and problem and then someone asked the same question, what was the last thing you worked on.  Sure enough, that was the problem.  Unfortunately I struggled with the issue for a couple days but lesson learned.

• Thanks 1

Guest Ray Davis
22 minutes ago, Mocephus said:

I’m overwhelmed with joy but also feeling rather embarrassed.

Don't be embarrassed,  I guarantee the smartest around has done much worse.    How do you think we learned to back track our steps.  LOL

The same thing happened to me and it was an ignition solenoid in the front electrical bay.  There are 2 or 3 related to the ignition and they fail.

• Thanks 1