Fan-Tastic fan screw pattern dimensions

Guest KenAVTech

Guest KenAVTech

Here’s a off the wall question about Fantastic roof vent fans!

What are the dimensions between screws and across the opening side to side on the rv roof?

I have questioned Dometic, but no answer.

Yes I could get up there and measure but they have sealant over the heads and Id like an accurate measurement.

I have a 2003 monaco camelot 34 Pst. Not that this is vehicle specific.

Im not replacing them, just curious as I found a deal on Maxxair shroud covers and have Fantastic fans. the Maxxair 4- L brackets mounts to a metal fan base with 1 side screw screwed into the metal side and Fantastic have 4-Flat brackets that requires removal of a base mount screw and then resealed. I prefer the Fantasic/Dometic mount. But the 2 Maxxair covers are new and free!

The dimensions will help me determine if the Fantastic flat brackets  will accommodate a Maxxair fan cover

This is NOT the crank up cover its the large white plastic cover that goes over the entire vent top thats closed in the front from wind but open in the back. 

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, vito.a said:

I've installed several of the fan vent covers.  The cover bracket screws go into the fan housing horizontally so it doesn't matter what the pattern is.  

I put three of these covers on while in florida during the winter and they didn't screw to the curb. Remove 4 screws in the roof and mount brackets.

Amazon.com: Fan-Tastic Vent U1500BL Ultra Breeze Vent Cover - Black : Automotive

ULTRA BREEZE INSTALL MANUAL 1_23_12.pub (media-amazon.com)

https://epi.dometic.com/externalassets/dometic-fantastic-vent-7350_9108870595_78799.pdf

The cut out dimensions are 14 X 14 which is the standard, apparently for a roof vent.  MEMORY says that the flanges on the covers are maybe 15 - 16".  I have actually put on three as FF had bad run of gaskets and sent me all new covers.

Best I can do... Good Luck

Guest KenAVTech

I appreciate all the inputs, but Im wanting the measurements of screw hole to screw hole.

The dimensions will help me determine if the Fantastic flat brackets  will accommodate a Maxxair fan cover

46 minutes ago, KenAVTech said:

I appreciate all the inputs, but Im wanting the measurements of screw hole to screw hole.

Every Maxxair manual I looked at online shows brackets mounting not to base, but to side wit L brackets.

This post is from a Moderator’s viewpoint where we try to provide information from a manual or known instructions from the factory or vendor…. Do NOT take is as a “One mustn’t do that”, only tech info.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/maxx-air-covers-on-fantastic-powered-vents-38274.html

I had also talked, extensively, to FF tech support and they dissuaded me from adding covers.  I have the auto up/down fans and wanted to leave them open.  I then swapped out the control boards for the upgraded rain sensor style.  That solved it for me as they are very sensitive.

Others who have different needs, such as full timing may have vent needs and are using covers and probably know the concerns about total exhaust capacity.

so…this is the other side of the story and each must do, with all the information, what they feel is best or will provide the intended results for them.