Anyone with ISC / ISL.......

Have you tried removing the small hose from where it connects just after the filter and drawing a small vacuum by sucking on the end of the hose to be sure the gauge works?  Sometimes these plastic gauges or hoses fail.  When they do, they won't show a reading.  The other possibility is an air leak between the filter and the turbo but I suspect you already check for that.

Yep, done it all Frank. Even new filter minder. Sucked on the hose to make sure it's working. Brand new constant tension clamp on the filter outlet.

Just seem to recall the old filters would give a reading on the filter minder right after the first run.

Nothing on these two last filters!

Is it possible they put a larger filter media in the same can? I never squired away an old one to compare.

This is why I'm asking if anyone is seeing the same as myself.

2 hours ago, Old Dog said:

If it's a new filter why would there be any restriction? 

Old dog, I may be loosing my mind, but I seem to recall the first couple of filters I installed showing a bit of restriction right after the first run.

Edited by 96 EVO

I probably have 9,000 miles on my new Donaldson air filter with a new gauge and the the gauge hasn't moved.  I did check the line with a vacuum but not the intake between filter and turbo.  Dang, something more to check.

What's a typical air filter life?

- bob

Edited by cbr046

My original filter minder never did move.  At some point ~10 years ago I actually pulled the minder off to inspect.  I noticed the bottom had quite a few hair line crackes on the bottom where the threaded nipple was attached.  I tried to test it by sucking air on the nipple and could pull air through those cracks.  I could get the minder bulb to move but took quite a bit of vacuum.  To fix I covered the whole bottom with a layer of epoxy.  Even still it never did move over the last ~11-12 years.  Last year while working on the rig I accidentally hit the minder and broke it off so I replaced with new.  

When I change my filters I completely inspect the intake system, I know what can happen if there is a leak. 

When working in the mines I've seen many engines dusted due to compromised intake systems.  We did oil sampling every oil change, one of the primary reasons was to look for dirt in the oil (Silica).  I had one employee that I highly suspected of cutting holes in the rubber elbows so he could continue running the loader without having to bring it to the shop for a new air filter.  When mechanics found them they'd show them to me.  Ya I know it sounds crazy but that's the mentality that I had to deal with some employees.  Even threatening termination I had to watch him like a hawk and he knew it.   He also knew I'd fire him in a heart beat if I could (along with any body else that got I my wrong side for whatever reason). 

5 hours ago, cbr046 said:

I probably have 9,000 miles on my new Donaldson air filter with a new gauge and the the gauge hasn't moved.  I did check the line with a vacuum but not the intake between filter and turbo.  Dang, something more to check.

What's a typical air filter life?

- bob

I only run them 3yrs.

These new design models with the steel mesh on both sides of the paper it may be safe to run them longer.

I was just thinking, 'maybe' this last filter I never ran for hours in pouring rain. Possibly previous filters got moist, increasing restriction🤔.