Need source for Sanicon part

Ron Jones

We have a Sanicon Turbo and I put an extra piece of "exhaust hose" on it. We can now reach about 40-feet to dump. I want to carry a spare but don't want to pay for a new hose.

Does anyone have a source for the "rubber" connector that comes glued onto each end of their discharge hose. (See picture). All I need is the connector (or source). I have the discharge hose (the flexible, brown one at the lower part of the pic) and it is 1.5 inches in diameter. I can glue ion the connector.

Thanks.

IMG_7266.jpg

Thetford only sells the hose with  a connector glued to each end. They do not sell the individual parts.

These parts make a GOOD connection but I just don't need another hose.

Home Depot AND Lowes did NOT have a "fix."

Ok, I just re-read your post. If I understand correctly, you have the original hose from Thetford and a 'extra' piece of flex hose (with no ends, just the hose) from somewhere else that you're trying to hook onto the Thetford hose. Is that correct?? Couldn't you just use a reducer (1 1/2-1") and install a hose fitting on that and use a regular 1" garden hose?...Dennis

Thanks but sorry, you missed guessing what I have. Currently, I have two lengths of Thetford hose permanently hooked up (about 40 feet). One has a small leak about a foot from the discharge nozzle.

I want to cut off the end with the leak (about a foot) and reconnect the remaining good hose to the nozzle assembly using a rubber-like "sleeve" that was in my uploaded pic. I just can't find the "sleeve" NOR anything that looks like it would replace it efficiently.

We can talk more offline if you want. Use rej at gte.net

Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ron Jones said:

Thanks but sorry, you missed guessing what I have. Currently, I have two lengths of Thetford hose permanently hooked up (about 40 feet). One has a small leak about a foot from the discharge nozzle.

I want to cut off the end with the leak (about a foot) and reconnect the remaining good hose to the nozzle assembly using a rubber-like "sleeve" that was in my uploaded pic. I just can't find the "sleeve" NOR anything that looks like it would replace it efficiently.

We can talk more offline if you want. Use rej at gte.net

Thanks.

Ron,

I hope this applies to the turbo hose like it does to the original hose that we have on our Sanicon. I have three lengths of hose and have sometimes needed them. Twice we have developed leaks about a foot from the end of the hose and discovered that the end of the hose will unscrew on our system. I noticed your hose has the same spiral to it so maybe yours does also. We just unscrewed the end and cut off the bad section of hose and reattached the end. Hope that works for you.

I have had 3 of the Sanicon Turbo 600  1.5" hoses blow and dump the contents when running them through the garden hose adapter to a 3/4" hose.    I think they are poor quality and not strong enough for the pressure the Turbo 600 puts out .  They work great when the garden hose adapter isn't used.  The ends are glued on.  A parts house that sells fire hose etc. may have something that would work.

This is the best potential suggested so far.

Thanks.

Hi Ron...Jim Here. Just last night I had a blow-out on my Sanicon hose right where the end connector is. I unscrewed the end, cut the hose where the leak was and used silicon to secure it as I screwed the end back on. I do not have the turbo version. I have done this numerous times and the end stays on fine. I was really careful the first time I unscrewed the end working the hose out of it from the inside. Once out, it was easy to screw it back on after cutting the hose and snapping off the metal support wire that runs the length of the hose. To glue it together you can also use a product called Goop. I normally use that, but I was out last night!

Jim G.
2006 Camelot
TST Rep
Currently in sunny Crystal River, FL