I have found a source to have Monaco Dynasty side and rear emblems reproduced. They will be laser cut out of 1/8” thick polished stainless steel. The 1/8” edges will not be polished so they will have a raw stainless steel finish. Each of our coaches have 2 side and 1 rear emblem. They will be as close to, or exact size as possible to cover up the existing emblem. If I have 12 emblems made, the cost would be $88 each, plus shipping from NW Oregon. The more we have done, the cheaper they will be. I think I will wait 2 weeks, until November 25th before placing the order to allow the word to get out, and people to contact me. I am not looking to make any money on these, just know I’m not the only one that has terrible looking emblems. Please email me at  ken@kenthompsonconstruction.com

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ken Thompson said:

I have found a source to have Monaco Dynasty side and rear emblems reproduced. They will be laser cut out of 1/8” thick polished stainless steel. The 1/8” edges will not be polished so they will have a raw stainless steel finish. Each of our coaches have 2 side and 1 rear emblem. They will be as close to, or exact size as possible to cover up the existing emblem. If I have 12 emblems made, the cost would be $88 each, plus shipping from NW Oregon. The more we have done, the cheaper they will be. I think I will wait 2 weeks, until November 25th before placing the order to allow the word to get out, and people to contact me. I am not looking to make any money on these, just know I’m not the only one that has terrible looking emblems. Please email me at  ken@kenthompsonconstruction.com

Is the $88 for a set of three or for each piece?

I went to the shop that will make the Dynasty emblems to look at a sample. The polished flat surface has a high luster, as expected. The edges, even though they aren’t polished, look reasonably shiny from the laser cutting.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sent individual emails to everyone that previously said they want the Dynasty emblems. If you didn’t receive this message below, please respond to this one.

I am ready to place the order for the Dynasty emblems. They will be laser cut out of .100“ polished stainless steel. Every coach has 3 emblems. They will cost $88 each plus shipping from Mulino, Oregon. I am trying to get the scrap that is around each letter as well. This will make the placement of the individual pcs. easier. The emblems do not have any adhesive on the back. I am going to use 3M VHB adhesive tape on mine. It will require cutting the excess tape around each letter, but is a very strong double sided tape. Please give me any other ideas for installing the emblems if you have any. The supplier was about 3 weeks out for production when I last talked to them. Once I place the order, I will know more about when they will be done. I need to know if you still want the emblems, and how many you want. I don’t want any payment yet. Once I get the emblems, and are ready to ship, I will contact you to get your shipping info. Then I can get the total cost and have you send payment. I will be able to get more done in the future, but the supplier has informed me that material cost will be more the next time. Please e mail me directly with your response. ken@kenthompsonconstruction.com

Thank you
Ken Thompson

Bob, I still have a few sets. And, you are right, most are individually attached. 

When I removed my old ones, I could see a “shadow” from the old ones. I took my buffer to the area to clean it and remove the shadows.  Come to find out, the paint didn’t shrink as much where the emblems were.  But, that was great for placing the new ones back on.

I use E6000 to glue them on, and have a detailed instruction sheet so you are not guessing along the way. By the time I installed my second set, I found doing them not hard to do. The last one, at the rear,  I got to a month afterwards and it was like riding a bike. Then I did three more on another coach.  Knowing questions would arise, I took notes, and revised my notes, when installing the emblems. If I had installation decisions along the way, I figure the next guy would too.  Hence, an installation sheet.

I sell them for $199 for three sets, right side, left side and rear. I supply the E6000. You will need acetone for cleaning.

Bob, I still have a few sets. And, you are right, most are individually attached. 

When I removed my old ones, I could see a “shadow” from the old ones. I took my buffer to the area to clean it and remove the shadows.  Come to find out, the paint didn’t shrink as much where the emblems were.  But, that was great for placing the new ones back on.

I use E6000 to glue them on, and have a detailed instruction sheet so you are not guessing along the way. By the time I installed my second set, I found doing them not hard to do. The last one, at the rear,  I got to a month afterwards and it was like riding a bike. Then I did three more on another coach.  Knowing questions would arise, I took notes, and revised my notes, when installing the emblems. If I had installation decisions along the way, I figure the next guy would too.  Hence, an installation sheet.

I sell them for $199 for three sets, right side, left side and rear. I supply the E6000. You will need acetone for cleaning.

The $199 is total price with free shipping. 

2 hours ago, Happycarz said:

The $199 is total price with free shipping. 

What are yours made out of? How did you get the old ones off?

The old ones are removed with a plastic razor blade and acetone. The plastic razor blade will scratch the paint if not careful. Once the emblems are off, I use a buffer to polish paint but I don’t wax it. Then I clean the area with acetone. 

Since the aluminum is laser cut, there is a bit of clean up afterwards.  There is some flashover to the rear that has to be removed. Also some filing and sanding on the edges is in order too. I spend about twenty minutes cleaning the edges and back on each set. (Three sets per coach)  The backs of the emblems get cleaned with acetone too, before gluing in place. That comes at installation time.

I’m curious to how the SS emblems will turn out.  

0C0E948E-95FA-4516-98C9-364FCD06D377.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Happycarz said:

The old ones are removed with a plastic razor blade and acetone. The plastic razor blade will scratch the paint if not careful. Once the emblems are off, I use a buffer to polish paint but I don’t wax it. Then I clean the area with acetone. 

Since the aluminum is laser cut, there is a bit of clean up afterwards.  There is some flashover to the rear that has to be removed. Also some filing and sanding on the edges is in order too. I spend about twenty minutes cleaning the edges and back on each set. (Three sets per coach)  The backs of the emblems get cleaned with acetone too, before gluing in place. That comes at installation time.

I’m curious to how the SS emblems will turn out.  

0C0E948E-95FA-4516-98C9-364FCD06D377.jpeg

I originally was thinking about doing them out of aluminum, but was talked into stainless. I looked at the polished stainless, and the edges look real good, after being laser cut, and shouldn’t require any additional work. I’m going to get the scrap part that they are cut out of for alignment purposes. I wonder if “goo gone” will work any better than acetone? I haven’t started the removal process yet.

I use both Goo Gone and acetone around the house and motorhome. The Goo Gone or acetone will work on the adhesive left behind, as you remove the original emblems. When all traces of adhesive are removed, use acetone to get a clean paint surface.  I have had no issues using acetone on the paint on two coaches. No streaking, no hazing, etc.

20 minutes ago, Happycarz said:

I use both Goo Gone and acetone around the house and motorhome. The Goo Gone or acetone will work on the adhesive left behind, as you remove the original emblems. When all traces of adhesive are removed, use acetone to get a clean paint surface.  I have had no issues using acetone on the paint on two coaches. No streaking, no hazing, etc.

Sounds good! Thanks

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Moparlee said:

Hi Ken

Are Dynasty emblems still available? Getting some paint work done on my Dynasty and would like to replace the emblems.

Lee

Sorry all gone.