Monaco bankruptcy

Guest Ray Davis

2 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

There is a thread currently on IRV2 where a past employee of Monaco chimed in with some interesting input about the thoughts of the employees and operations those last days.  I believe his posts start about # 34

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/very-bizarre-2008-monaco-dynasty-yorkshire-iv-599260-3.html

Post 35

It is very interesting to know this. 

Guest Ray Davis
8 minutes ago, myrontruex said:

Post 35

It is very interesting to know this. 

It sure is, it should bring some peace to owners and potential buyers.

I wish we could get him over here, but wouldn't want to scare him off.  Who knows he may be on here already.

I’ve wondered why mine shows a build date of January 2008 (sticker by drivers seat) but is designated a 2009.   Did they partially have it built before bankruptcy and finished afteR they re-opened with the greatly reduced staff?   I did ask at REV in Indiana they said they had no records on delivery dates for Oregon built units.  

An interesting read. I have an '09 HR Imperial build date March '08, I am the second owner and aside from the common quirks seems like a solid build. What I would like to find out is if it was a custom order as it has $92k of upgrades $30k of that for the ISM/4000 upgrade.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, Ray Davis said:

There is a thread currently on IRV2 where a past employee of Monaco chimed in with some interesting input about the thoughts of the employees and operations those last days.  I believe his posts start about # 34

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/very-bizarre-2008-monaco-dynasty-yorkshire-iv-599260-3.html

On 11/25/2022 at 9:32 AM, Ray Davis said:

It sure is, it should bring some peace to owners and potential buyers.

I wish we could get him over here, but wouldn't want to scare him off.  Who knows he may be on here already.

Thanks Ray. Great article. I remember a lot of that.

On 11/25/2022 at 11:23 AM, Bliksem said:

An interesting read. I have an '09 HR Imperial build date March '08, I am the second owner and aside from the common quirks seems like a solid build. What I would like to find out is if it was a custom order as it has $92k of upgrades $30k of that for the ISM/4000 upgrade.

You are dealing with two different brands.  Monaco and Holiday Rambler.

53 minutes ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

You are dealing with two different brands.  Monaco and Holiday Rambler.

Same builder. 

Bliksem,  

Your coach was likely a custom order as they were only building to order at that time as I understand it. 

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
8 hours ago, Bob Blackmon said:

I sent him a message asking him to join.

I wonder if he got the message?  I believe when you message through IRV2 it may be read by a moderator.   In the past they would not allow you to invite someone to Bill D's Monacoers in a post, they would scrub it, but you can post a link to one of our threads on there which is the samething.

Actually one of their moderators is / was on here although he hasn't spoke up on here for a long long time.

Edited by Ray Davis

Private messages are not read unless reported. 

I just finished a private message to him inviting him and encouraging him to join us. In fact, I just sent him a link to a ton of files that he showed interest in seeing. His insights would be helpful for sure. 

10 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

I wonder if he got the message?  I believe when you message through IRV2 it may be read by a moderator.   In the past they would not allow you to invite someone to Bill D's Monacoers in a post, they would scrub it, but you can post a link to one of our threads on there which is the samething.

Actually one of their moderators is / was on here although he hasn't spoke up on here for a long long time.

I have been scolded quite a few times on IRV2  but never for suggesting someone join the Monacoers.org forum.   That being said that doesn't mean they condone the practice.

The Monacoers group has a much better data base of information pertaining to the Monaco coaches and the forum has posts emphasizing problem & solutions for coaches instead of "Fluffy" stuff

I both send and receive PM's without a problem. 

Edited by jacwjames