Sheppard to TRW swap

After my Sheppard M100 steering gear began leaking on my 2002 Monaco Windsor 40PKDD,  I have been looking at a swap for the TRW. There is much about the subject on IRV2 Monaco forum. My Sheppard is a M100 PLG3/2. I contacted Weller Truck and was given a number for a TRW swap. Does anyone here have any experience with this swap. The PLG3/2 seems to be one that is not been swapped very often.

2F56E44E-01F9-4BA4-99C1-C919249FCAAE.jpeg

C344B3DA-C12A-4A13-A313-400B8B3E153B.jpeg

F7ACA1A3-1991-4A93-AFB6-1B5FFA1E4856.jpeg

I worked with a Weller service technician in Michigan who specializes in Sheppard to TRW box swaps. Then they shipped it to the Weller location in Tampa FL which then was delivered to Josam's who did the swap for me including a new pitman arm.

The project was done in June of 2017 to my previous 2002 Windsor.

Search the forum to find my posts on the subject.

• 4 months later...

Josam completed the Sheppard to TRW swap yesterday on our coach, the TRW steering box is considerably "tighter" than the Sheppard.

Barry took care of the appointment at Josam and  Matt Miller form Weller helped me identify the correct TRW steering box, Matt's information is below.

Matthew Miller

Steering Dept.

1500 Gezon Pkwy SW

Wyoming, MI 49509

616-724-3762

mamiller@wellertruck.com

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, Dr4Film said:

I worked with a Weller service technician in Michigan who specializes in Sheppard to TRW box swaps. Then they shipped it to the Weller location in Tampa FL which then was delivered to Josam's who did the swap for me including a new pitman arm.

The project was done in June of 2017 to my previous 2002 Windsor.

Search the forum to find my posts on the subject.

Can I persuade you to disclose what that adventure wound up costing?   I  am about to undertake it and it is way too heavy for me to handle.   OR PM at TomVPratt@aol.com

That information is now in the hands of the coaches new owner.

From memory the steering box was around $500 from Weller with core exchange and new pitman arm and installation was another $400 possibly.

Call Barry at Josam's in Orlando and he will give you a rough estimate.

• Like 1

Thank you I'll be doing it in the here and now at today's prices and probably will not be going to the East Coast to get the install done.  But if I can pick up the steering gear and the correct pitman arm I know there are a couple good shops in Oregon where Im going to be next month.

Sounds like your pricing was very reasonable compared to what I've been conditioned to expect.

Thank you sir

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TomV48 said:

Thank you I'll be doing it in the here and now at today's prices and probably will not be going to the East Coast to get the install done.  But if I can pick up the steering gear and the correct pitman arm I know there are a couple good shops in Oregon where Im going to be next month.

Sounds like your pricing was very reasonable compared to what I've been conditioned to expect.

Thank you sir

Hendersons comes highly recommended.  I would call.  They should be able to do it.  Mike Hughes (Google Watts Link Monaco Mike Hughes) has a LOT of hands on experience and maybe knows some NW shops that have helped out his customers as the TRW changeout is the first step...then the Watts...  Good resource.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Hendersons comes highly recommended.  I would call.  They should be able to do it.  Mike Hughes (Google Watts Link Monaco Mike Hughes) has a LOT of hands on experience and maybe knows some NW shops that have helped out his customers as the TRW changeout is the first step...then the Watts...  Good resource.

Thank you Tom, 

I know Mike, and have talked to Henderson's Lineup.   I'm honing in on the problem.

Tom