Agua Hot Switch

c210pa18

I have had this coach for a couple years now but I need help understanding the Agua Hot switch located in front of the kitchen sink.  The main aqua hot switch is a 3 position switch, then there is next to that a switch that turns on the 110 volt heater element.  On the main switch UP is off, full down a red light comes on and the diesel burner fires up and heats.  But what does the middle switch position do?  It seems like it is the same as full up, and that is off.  What am I missing? Why a 3 position switch?  The manual does seem to speak to this.  Thanks for any help understanding this.

Yes, Richard, mine stays in the lower position with light ON. Momentary UP will stop it. The light actually goes out as soon as in the middle position and it may be when it turns OFF but I go all the way Up because with the cooling period I can't easily tell and did not care to find out.

20221217_112928.jpg

Not to muddy the water…but maybe there is a difference in the switches as Richard has a Intellitec MPX Coach.  I am certainly NOT the expert, but I was lead to believe that some of the AH controls were integrated into the CPU. If so, then Ivan’s would be old school and might (will) be different.

Thus Ivan’s would or should be similar to the 2002 that the OP has.

I should have included pictures in my first post.  The first is AH in the off full up position the second is in the full down position   The other switches are the 110 volt element,  Then kitchen rope lights the the kitchen ceiling lights.   I'm thinking that you are probably right they just didn't have a two position switch so used a three position one.

IMG_4669.JPG

IMG_4670.JPG

I have exactly the same switch panel.   My Aquahot switch is 2 position and down is on just like yours.   Your electric heater switch is also on.   That means that the burner and the electric heating element will come on to bring the water up to temperature.   It that what you want?

Gerald,

When looking at all of the photos, Ivan's 2000 Sig switch is NOT a Carlings Technology, whereas yours on your 2002 Sig is.

Funny thing is that it appears to be mounted upside down from the way the same switch was mounted in my previous 02 Windsor. The Carlings Technology Switch in the Windsor is mounted with the lamp at the top and to turn off you rock the switch to the bottom.

Tom is correct, my current 06 Dynasty has a multiplex switch for the Aqua-Hot Diesel and Electric Assist. Much different than what was used in my Windsor.

For whatever reason, it appears that Monaco installed a 3-position switch instead of a 2-position switch. No big deal!

1 hour ago, Paul A. said:

Joining this site on F B may be beneficial to some.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/aquahotandhydrohot

Not too beneficial for those that are not on Facebook. 

Edited by Dr4Film