Magnum Inverter single pole 20 amp breaker

Hi all,

I have a bad single pole 20 amp breaker on my inverter, it is a PP11-62-20.0A-OA-V Airpax Snapak. About 5 years ago the other 20 amp breaker on my inverter went bad and I was able to replace it with one ( should have bought 2 at the time) and find it online easily. Well not this time looks like no one has them in stock and everyone says a 4 week lead time to get one. Has anyone else replaced theirs recently and if so where did you get it or if anyone knows where I can find one please let me know. If anyone knows of another type breaker I could use temporarily until I get the correct one that would be helpful also. I would mount it externally temporarily. Thanks to everyone in advance for any help.

Mike

You could install a chassis mounted fuse holder. Glass fuse with a screw on cap. The hole may be big enough to accomade it already. 

Chassis mounte fuse.jpg

When I replaced my Magnum inverter, I didn't get the built in fuse buttons. I installed a two pole breaker box that fed the inverter's 120v outlets. The majority of the outlets were after the bathroom GFCI outlet. Never thought that the microwave outlet, which was the other breaker button, is near the sink and didn't have a GFCI from the factory. I don't remember who brought up this subject in an earlier post. I will install a GFCI breaker in the spring before taking the MH out of hibernation. Just a reminder that the microwave does not have GFCI protection.

Gary 05 AMB DST

11 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Just a reminder that the microwave does not have GFCI 

The microwave, & other high draw items don't play well with GFCI's.

A lot of coaches have one leg of the inverter dedicated to the microwave, without a GFCI.

The other leg feeds the rest of the outlets thru a GFCI.

In my Coach one 20 amp legs from the inverter feeds the GFCIs which has the bad breaker (bathroom, kitchen TV, and a few others), the other 20 amp leg feeds the few other 120v outlets throughout the Coach.  

Neither circuits feed the Microwave or the Hot Water Heater.  So while Im not in a bind without these outlets its just a big inconvenience because you don't realize how much you use them until you can't ( TV, satellite dish, toaster, blow dryer for her, phone and laptop charging). Will probably install a temporary breaker and get everything back on until the correct breaker arrives.

Thanks to all who have replied so far,

Mike

1 hour ago, Corgidad said:

In my Coach one 20 amp legs from the inverter feeds the GFCIs which has the bad breaker (bathroom, kitchen TV, and a few others), the other 20 amp leg feeds the few other 120v outlets throughout the Coach.  

Neither circuits feed the Microwave or the Hot Water Heater.  So while Im not in a bind without these outlets its just a big inconvenience because you don't realize how much you use them until you can't ( TV, satellite dish, toaster, blow dryer for her, phone and laptop charging). Will probably install a temporary breaker and get everything back on until the correct breaker arrives.

Thanks to all who have replied so far,

Mike

There is an almost parallel thread on Inverter and issues.  Couple of comments from it.

Then GFCI’S are 20Amp.  Do not replace them with Garden Variety.  Use only Eaton (was Cooper) Wiring Devices, Leviton or Hubbell.  They tend to get finicky with age.  Need to be replaced around 8-10 years…..or carry a spare.

SOME a of the GFCI “boxes” have two ousting circuits or are connected to the LOAD side of the GFCI.  You MAY find that  one is the kitchen & bathroom circuit where the outlets are near water.  These HAVE to stay on the LOAD side.  The other may be the Refrigerator “inverter or icemaker” and home entertainment circuits. If so, then move that to the LINE (top) or incoming side,  This resolves a host of complaints and folks doing a Res Refer conversion are much happier.  Your home refrigerator is on a dedicated, NON GFCI circuit….which is required by code……as is the. microwave also.

If you change out the pin style, I would personally use a SLO BLO 20 A in it…

Here is the other Topic

9 hours ago, Corgidad said:

Neither circuits feed the Microwave or the Hot Water Heater.

I've never heard of a water heater running on the inverter, it would just be too much draw.

On the other hand, most coaches do have the microwave on the inverter. 

Maybe your inverter is lower wattage thsn average?

4 minutes ago, Dave Pumphrey said:

I've never heard of a water heater running on the inverter, it would just be too much draw.

On the other hand, most coaches do have the microwave on the inverter. 

Maybe your inverter is lower wattage thsn average?

I agree with Dave.  The layout is for TWO circuits from most Inverters.  Per the 2004 HR Endeavor manual, the 2000 WATT inverter MAY have NOT been a Magnum as the pictures of the remote are NOT a Magnum.  However, the description plainly states that there are TWO Pin style circuit breakers.  One is for the Microwave and one is for the GFCI that feeds the interior outlets.  EACH are 20:Amp.

Unless some did some “uneducated” rewiring, the Water heater AC is on a separate breaker in the Main Panel….and is clearly labeled on the prints.  BOTH circuits on the Inverter (Magnum) are 20 amp….as is the 20Amp GFCI.

If someone has rewired…..then it would be an “unusual” and time consuming project…..  I suggest that the OP look at the main breaker panel.  If you have the. Water Heater breaker, then it is also connected to the EMS and is part of the load shedding system.  

The simple test is to kill the power….then watch the inverter switch over.  If the Microwave clock is still lighted up…may be blinking depending on how the remote is configured, the that is the dedicated circuit for the Microwave and the other GFCI is for the interior outlets and probably one in a bay below….

• Like 1