Warning Alarm when in Drive or Reverse

Hello All - I’m still getting to know my ‘new to me’ 2002 Windsor. I’m planning a short shake down trip next week and I have a question. 

I have a Warning Alarm (fast pulsing tone) when I shift into Drive or Reverse. 

I have been reading many of the posts from what I think are similar problems. But, before I start throwing parts at my new coach, I wanted your option on what I should do next.

From reading the other posts, I’m thinking my problem may be the Low Pressure Switch (Nason SM-1C-66R/WP28). Attached is a picture of the switch still attached to my Air Brake Release knob.  

As I don’t really know this Coach yet, I would like your option. I have seen many comments about the alarm/buzzer going off after 5-10 miles, but I couldn’t figure out why the alarm goes silent. 

My coach builds pressure up to 120 psi well and holds pressure. I have been doing all my testing at a Campground and haven’t taken it out again since I bought the Coach in January. Perhaps this alarm is something else. 

Please let me know if you think I should replace the Low Pressure Switch as the next appropriate step. Also, please let me know if you have a suggestion on the best place to buy the switch. 

Thanks!!

Joe

6C7A0C0F-D393-455C-B83D-DF236C83F85F.jpeg

39623778-BF40-4F65-A2DF-D20F7DBDB4A9.png

8B1B3287-B85A-4EF9-B571-CB630D5518DB.png

A6373782-D209-435A-B56D-886C6A117D81.jpeg

Hey Scotty - sadly, I don’t have hydraulic jacks. Just the HWH Leveling System. I miss jacks. 

Bill - I just double checked the dash light. It goes out when I release the Parking Brake as it should. 

Ivan - If you are reading along, I did test for continuity between the black and red wires at the low pressure switch and I had continuity. So, you think my switch is good?  Since I have continuity, what tracing should I do with the Red wire?

You can always test the switch, depending whether pressure opens or closes the switch, by first disconnecting the plug and if the alarm goes out then shorting the pins . . . .  If the alarm still doesn't go out it's something else (as Scotty suggested).

EDIT -

I did test for continuity between the black and red wires at the low pressure switch and I had continuity. So, you think my switch is good?  Since I have continuity, what tracing should I do with the Red wire?

Switch could be good but resistive.  If your voltmeter shows a voltage with the harness connected and no air pressure then continuity is good . . .. then build air pressure and check voltage again (should be 0). 

- bob

Edited by cbr046
  • Thanks 1

I have owned the 2002 Winsor for 18 years, I had the same problem for 6 years and finally replace the Enertech 4470-30 alarm buzzer. In-between times I used a switch on the power line in to kill the alarm. The buzzer is no longer available but found one at Colaw Salvage. Yes, I did replace the park brake switch that made no difference. To test the Enertech buzzer apply 12 volts on red lead and black wire to ground, then jump the white wire to red.  If the buzzer doesn't sound the buzzzer is bad.

Enertech picture.jpg

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Joe Lee said:

Ivan - If you are reading along, I did test for continuity between the black and red wires at the low pressure switch and I had continuity. So, you think my switch is good?  Since I have continuity, what tracing should I do with the Red wire?

Joe, I agree, Black and Red are normally open configuration so if they have continuity with park released, the switch does what it should do. As far as where the red wire goes I have no idea since I only have a two wire switch.

Edited by Ivan K
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Joe Lee said:

Hey Scotty - sadly, I don’t have hydraulic jacks. Just the HWH Leveling System. I miss jacks. 

10-4.  I’ll leave my post in case someone else reading this thread does have jacks. 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

10-4.  I’ll leave my post in case someone else reading this thread does have jacks. 😉

Yeah, heard that alarm many times on a previous coach with 3 of 4 leaky jacks!

Used to carry a stack of disposable lasagna trays, so I didn't mark my territory in high-end parks 🙂!

Ah, the good ol days!  

Hi Again!  Questions for the group. I have located the Enertech 4470-30 buzzer. I disconnected it. I tested it using the instructions sent by Jerome. (Thank You!) The instructions led me to add ground to the White wire and the buzzer should sound. Well, no buzzer with power to Red, ground to Black. Then, added ground to each White. Still no buzzer. But, when I applied ground to the Grey wire, (gray wire not noted in the instructions) I heard the buzzer sound. 

So, question #1: Would you think the buzzer is good?

Question #2: What problems do you think I will have if I don’t reconnect the buzzer? Right now, it’s alarming all the time, so it’s not telling me anything. I know at I won’t get an alarm for low air/parking brake. Would there be any additional problems if I don’t reconnect it?

Thanks for any replies!

Joe

Edited by Joe Lee

I believe that the gray wire is not connected to any sensor ( not used) When mine went into alarm I was on a trip so I unplugged the buzzer. The issue doing so is that you don't get an alarm when the transmission is in neutral and you don't have the brake pedal depressed or park brake set. That means the coach can move and you are not in the drivers seat. I would search the salvage yard for a new buzzer. I found one on the east coast but they wanted a $100.  good luck!!

• Thanks 1