Modernizing my 2008 Safari Cheetah

McHughes

Insert the Cricket SIM card, then power back up and attach the ToGo to WiFi (not 4G/LTE - I just used the personal hot spot on my phone) 

Go to the web interface at 10.11.12.2 and sign in using your admin password. Use the drop down at the bottom of the page and select “Change Carrier”. Leave the carrier on AT&T, but change the APN from “BROADBAND” to “ndo”. (You have to type in “ndo” as a custom setting - it’s not a drop down choice). 

DM me if you need me to walk you through it - including where to find your admin password 😁.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Added a WiFi Myspool "Power Failure Alert monitor".  Plugs into a city power/generator only outlet.  Used mostly dry camping to notify me by text or email that the generator was started by the AGS or, alternatively in a park, when park power goes out.

Works in conjunction with the wireless thermostat that notifies me when the internal temp matches the AGS high temp generator start setting.

Always worried when leaving the dog alone in the summer heat that AC power is on for the air conditioners.

myspool_power.jpg

OMG Mike!

I just want to replace my driver's console cup holder with a deeper one so I don't spill my drink (non-alcoholic, of course) when I hit the brakes!

You've seriously given me ideas...unfortunately, I'm not as handy as you are.

Edited by tomevansfl

More minor upgrades.  Since I removed the original 6 disc Home Theater/DVD player and Subwoofer there was no need for the three directional speakers in the front ceiling.  Replaced them with the same speakers in both the center of the coach and bedroom.  Sounds are much improved.

speakers.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2020 at 7:56 AM, Rob and Amy Harper said:

I looked up my order, I got mine in December 2016 and they were $35 for two from Amazon. In retrospect, that's not too bad given they are dimmable and they fit perfectly into the existing holes from the halogens.

Do you think you could find the specific order information on those lights.  They look a lot like my 2005 Ambassador and I could not find a snap in LED replacement, let alone dimable which DW would love.

2 hours ago, TomV48 said:

Do you think you could find the specific order information on those lights.  They look a lot like my 2005 Ambassador and I could not find a snap in LED replacement, let alone dimable which DW would love.

Not only did I find them, but Amazon even still sells them! Price has come down some. Five of them for $25. They literally snap right into place, use the existing wiring and dimmers, and they look great.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B012ZOI44C

I tried to find pictures of what I took out, but since it's been 6 years, I've lost those pictures.

Edited by Rob and Amy Harper