HWH panel dead

Go to solution Solved by Bruce B,

Checking out my 2006 Dynasty Pltinum IV getting it ready to roll. My HWH Air Leveling panel is dead. No lights lit and non responsive. Also Tag Axel air dump is non responsive. Both air tanks are full and holding. Checked fuses in the driver side control panel under the cockpit. All fuses are good. Is there a hidden fuse or master reset lurking on my rig?  Any first step trouble shooting advice is welcome. 

Doug

I don't know if you have a reset switch, I don't but it isn't unusual for the connecting cable under the pad to get loose and not as likely but also happens on its other end in the controller box. Since you FRB fuses checked out, there is bunch more on the controller board but these are for specific functions, wouldn't necessarily cause no lights on touch pad.

Check for voltage in the controller box itself. If you have power and ground, remove your keypad and connect directly to your controller box using a short cable. I got my cable from Amazon and it worked fine (link below). If it works, check the original wire from controller to keypad. I found mouse bites on mine. Repaired wire and all worked like new. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RFLMK5U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine was also working fine one day and failed the next. Good luck.

On my Dynasty I had a similar issue a couple of times. Once solved by HWH reset switch in the Front Run Box, red "fault light" was illuminated. Pushed the reset. The other time I forgot to turn on the salesman switch at the front door. Doing so restored HWH functions.

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad circuit on the board that powered the HWH so a temporary work around on the board was done and I now carry a replacement board. The board was in the drivers side front run box. I hope this helps. 

On 6/24/2023 at 7:29 AM, Georgia Mike said:

Doug, did you ever find out what the problem was with your HWH panel?

Yes. 
Initially I checked fuses but apparently missed one. There are two fuses on my rig located in the front run box. After seeing one and checking it I thought I was good. I missed a second fuse that is also part of the HWH system. 

My next task is to calibrate the system. The auto leveling does its thing but consistently is slightly off level. I have been simply manually tweaking. When I run out of other things to do, I’ll look into how to calibrate. 

doug

• Like 1