Taillights and signal lights

powersltc

Ron P.   2004 Monaco Executive 

Hello.

I have an issue with my taillights and signal lights working at the same time. 

I have replaced all bulbs and sockets.  Signal lights work.  They will not work  when I turn the taillights on. 

Any ideas/suggestions. Thanks 

Point of information, are the bulbs incandescent?  I tried to switch all of my bulbs to LED but they will not work for directionals.  Something with the fact that they do not draw enough current to trip the flash mechanism. Just saying.

Hey. 

I tried to switch all to LED and realized the same problem.   So I switched all back to  regular bulbs.  Taillights work when park and regular lights.   Signal lights work when I turn off regular lights.   Back up lights work. 

I haven't checked brake lights. 

If the flasher is your only problem with leds, there are electronic flashers that are not based on current flow. I changed all lights to led except the directional ones where the current direction alternates, not worth the hassle for me at that time.

As others have mentioned, possibly bad ground. With the lights off, the turn signals can ground thru the run light filament. 

When I changed to LED's on my 2000 Dynasty, it has the lower marker light connected to the run circuit and the turn circuit. With the turn signal off, the bulb would ground thru the signal filament. With lights on, it would blink opposite the turn signal, as it could ground the bulb between blinks. The LED bulbs won't provide this ground thru the bulb, because they are polarity specific. My solution was to disconnect the wire to the signal, & ground it, making the light a running light only.

I did think about a dual filament bulb, but haven't had that much "spare" time.

My turn signal flasher operates a relay, so no problem with the lighter load not triggering the flasher...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Pumphrey said:

As others have mentioned, possibly bad ground. With the lights off, the turn signals can ground thru the run light filament. 

When I changed to LED's on my 2000 Dynasty, it has the lower marker light connected to the run circuit and the turn circuit. With the turn signal off, the bulb would ground thru the signal filament. With lights on, it would blink opposite the turn signal, as it could ground the bulb between blinks. The LED bulbs won't provide this ground thru the bulb, because they are polarity specific. My solution was to disconnect the wire to the signal, & ground it, making the light a running light only.

I did think about a dual filament bulb, but haven't had that much "spare" time.

My turn signal flasher operates a relay, so no problem with the lighter load not triggering the flasher...

Thanks.   The daylight run light sounds good. 

• 2 weeks later...

2004 cheetah.

I've tried various bulbs incl led but they all seem so low in 'power'.

I had purchased Bargman for my Fleetwood but don't see anything which would replace the Cheetah assemblies.

Anyone know of assemblies or super bright bulbs?

Thanks. Les