2003 Holiday Rambler Imperial water pump

jegall

This is the “most” typical.  This was used later on in the Camelots, prior to the Intelltec Multiplex system (MPX).  Based on the age of your Imperial, very high probability that you have a relay powered/controlled system or the forerunner to the MPX.

Each pump switch makes a momentary ground.  The Intellitec controller is a “flip/flop” controller.  When a switch ground signal is received, it toggles ON (or OFF if it was ON).  If you follow the circuit, the relay has the ground side (terminal 86) as the “LOAD”.  That is also the same LOAD that completes the circuit to each Pump ON indicator light.  That load signal energizes the Bosch relay….and supplies power to the Pump motor.

Push one of the switches again, the controller kills the ground circuit to the relay coil….pump shuts off as well as the indicator light goes off.  Don’t get fooled and use a DVM and say…”No power to any switch”.  They are ground in (one side constant) and then a momentary pulse or ground to the controller.  NO 12 VDC on either side.. 

Whether or not you have the two fuses….I would not guarantee.  They are there to protect the circuit and the pump…you might have an inline fuse at the pump….if you do, then it “may” be an aftermarket pump.  Aquatech supplied Monaco with pumps, at least in 2009, without an inline fuse holder.  But the “purchased” or retail models had a snap shut inline fuse holder.  Unfortunately, it was not as high a quality as the pump.  I got a warranty replacement and left in the fuse holder and it failed….solution, cut it out as mine is fused further upstream and the one at the pump is redundant….

That’s it….

Water%20Pump%20Wiring%202006%20Camelot%2042-DSQ.pdf