Satellite Removel

Go to solution Solved by 1nolaguy,

Following: We to have a Travlr dish that came with our 2005 Safari Cheetah. We do not have Direct and no desire to get it. Current technology allows us to stream or we watch from a CD collection. I have thought about removing the dish to free up real estate and possibly improve aerodynamics but have been fearful of uncovering a large hole and not knowing how to repair it. Would also be grateful for guidance.

The big dome? Mine is gone, they just left the mounts there so there were no holes to get leaks. 

On the traveler. My wires do not go straight down, they go out. I doubt  there is a hole under mine. Where are your wires? 

They make a base plate to go on to help mount the traveler. If you don’t already have it, you could use it to cover over any ring you find 

8 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

The big dome? Mine is gone, they just left the mounts there so there were no holes to get leaks. 

On the traveler. My wires do not go straight down, they go out. I doubt  there is a hole under mine. Where are your wires? 

They make a base plate to go on to help mount the traveler. If you don’t already have it, you could use it to cover over any ring you find 

My wires run out from under it to the front of the coach and down through the roof just back from the windshield. 

On my 2000 Dynasty, I suddenly got a dreaded water leak in the cabinets above the drivers seat. When looking for it I discovered the problem at the satellite dish. So off it came.

Previously, we had redone the roof with Dicor’s product, so you can see the outline very well.  I just zip tied the cables to the horn… I probably should deal with those someday. 

The new roof space soon found another solar panel. (To help with the Starlink being on 24/7 - except when traveling).

86C54E1D-F146-40F9-95E7-3E7693B8B442.thumb.jpeg.2a4d025ac56947541a039d3860314776.jpegDon’t be afraid to take it off.

Good Luck

Edited by Rocketman3
  • Like 1

• Solution

Thanks IVAN K. I did not realize the turret would separate from the base. I guess you just remove the 8+nuts/bolts at the perimeter. SG47619, my wires also go out front and through the roof cap above the windshield. In our case the entry point is covered with a mountain of sealant so I am not sure how big the actual hole through the roof is, I am guessing the various cables can be cut off or pushed back through the hole and then the hole sealed with metal or bondo etc.

• Like 1

It wasn't the traveler it was the round dome in motion satellite.  It wasn't too heavy, maybe 50 lbs. I had a friend help me. We tied a couple of straps around it lowered it over the driver's side upside down to have a smooth surface slide down the side of the coach.

This is what mine looks like. I now have bigger fish to fry, I have water leaking  from around the aqua hot exhaust pipe, I just got it out of its bedroom and was getting ready to leave Saturday looks like plans have changed. Thanks everyone 

IMG_1981.jpeg

I changed out the PO's large, 2006 in motion satellite that wasn't working. Just threw it down to the ground when I unhooked it.  One guy at the storage unit was startled.  I guess a warning would've been nice,  lol.  He was nowhere near me, but it was loud.  I covered those holes w eternabond and dicor. 

23 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I changed out the PO's large, 2006 in motion satellite that wasn't working. Just threw it down to the ground when I unhooked it.  One guy at the storage unit was startled.  I guess a warning would've been nice,  lol.  He was nowhere near me, but it was loud.  I covered those holes w eternabond and dicor. 

Thanks, that’s probably what I’ll do