2008 Endeavor windshield wiper blades need attachment help

Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

On the road and need some help as we damaged a blade. Ours appear to bolt to a u Chanel which is attached to the wiper arm.

Going to switch to 28 inch but not sure what type of mount this is ???

Thanks for the help

08 Endeavor 40 PDQ

• Solution

Google AM Equipment.  Select Windshield Wipers.  That gets you to the section and they show motors and such.  Scroll to the bottom.  Select RV….YOU should be here.  https://www.amequipment.com/rv-replacement-parts-guide    Scroll down to Monaco. Your blade is a 302-1320. That is a “standard blade” with a picture.  

From what I learned plus working with AM on a problem and other vendors, I would NOT put on 32” blades.  The “competition” says they replace many AM arms and the 32” design is a little “weak”.  AM replaced mine many years afterwards as I discovered that their arm dimensions did not meet the SAE specifications or dimensions.  Actually wasn’t their fault. Anco (now strictly an importer) was the supplier for the arms and the ones they built for AM were a blueprint error where the Engineer combined 2 slightly different SAE Standards into their PN, BUT, the dimensions were off and they said it was the “larger” SAE size.  I ordered new blades.  Would not fit.  I checked the Arm “U” mount.  I pulled the SAE prints.  Different.  They said no way.  But shipped me new arms and blades and i shipped back my old arms and old blades (OEM) and their new ones. They finally said.  YES…. 

I worked for the parent company that owned Anco and had been sent to two of their factories on a special assignment (process engineering and environmental).  Being an old manufacturing engineer I talked to their folks….so i had a bit of a background.

NOW for all reading this, my Camelot used an updated design without the bolt that was on the 2009’s.  To get the SAE prints, I conned a competitor and we “chatted”.

BOTTOM LINE.  I only use 28” blades on my Camelot so as not to stress or overwork the 32” arms.  You still see all the driving area you need.

Odds are you can buy 28” Bosch or Michelin or any good brand name 28” blades at Walmart or AutoZone or NAPA and there will be interchangeable clips or snap in mounts that will use your Bolt design mount.  The biggest thing is to put down a small tarp or piece of plastic when you unscrew the bolts and not DROP the nut or maybe the washers.  Never change over a “grassed area”.  I had your design on my Winnebago….don’t ask how i a learned about such…. LOL.

OR…ORDER the AM….good luck.  BTW.  If you purchase two locally…look at two different brands….you may see one seems to be de sighted with more “meat” or looks better engineered.  Buy that one.  Install both.  If no fit issues….go back and get 2 spares and put in the back of the overhead cabinet above the bed.  Find new bolts…NAPA may have or look on Amazon .  Bag them and keep, literally, for a rainy day when one breaks.  I carry a slicker and had to change out a rain in a hurricane quality downpour.  Thus, my advice is hands on field and not a rocking chair dissertation….double LOL

Guest Ray Davis

My 03 Windsor came with a type of wiper arm that held the blade on with a screw & nut.  Each time I replaced the blades I had to drill the new blade to accept the bushing for the screw & nut.  I tired of the ordeal and modified my arms like the young man in this video

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?&q=windshield+wiper+blades+for+motorhomes&docid=603514588124878415&mid=E55E11C14D644A6F9788E55E11C14D644A6F9788&view=detail&FORM=VDRVRV&ajaxhist=0

The gizmos allow me to now just slip blades on & off. They look like this.  318ZWASNYML._AC_.jpg 

I generally buy blades at Walmart & they have many that are universal that will fit many styles of attachment.

If the frame is damaged, this will not help but as long as the frame is good, I only replace the rubber insert. Amazon sells them cheap in up to 32" length, I just cut them to what's needed, even swapped them from a random Walmart blade when on the road with no shipping address.  

Guest Ray Davis

I've done that too.  Watch this guy's video will & never have to worry about blades again.  LOL