Who said Goodyear tires ain't worth beans

Guest Ray Davis
Go to solution Solved by cbr046,

Guest Ray Davis

Are soybean tires coming soon? Maybe   Will mice leave my wires alone and eat my tires instead?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/goodyear-s-new-prototype-tires-are-made-of-soybeans-and-they-could-majorly-improve-your-gas-mileage/ar-AA16PNei?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ad487af22c204d5b97a8ca4f06c319c8&ei=82

"The tires are made from soybean oil (instead of petroleum oil), rice husk silica (a byproduct of rice milling that is abundant in rice-producing countries), postconsumer polyester, and biorenewable pine tar resins."

They had problems in the past with blowouts, but likely are okay now. You might want to consider Toyo tires. I put them on my Dynasty several years ago and have had zero problems. 

• Like 1

https://www.continental-truck.com/truck/fleetsolutions/sustainability/sustainable-tires

The die hard Harley clan refers to Japanese crotch rockets as RICE BURNERS….looks like that may take on a whole new meaning.

I’m all for recycling and practice it religiously and had to monitor 30 plant’s adherence to same.

BUT, I don’t want SN 00001 tires and, No OFFENSE to the much maligned DOT, it took then 5 years to figure out that the bulk of MH crashes from blowouts involved or were only on a certain GY tire.   That was reported here and the GY engineer’s advice was 180 degrees out of phase and made the issue worse….

• Like 2

• Solution
2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

The die hard Harley clan refers to Japanese crotch rockets as RICE BURNERS….looks like that may take on a whole new meaning.

While the Japanese crowd refers to Hardleys as bar stoppers.  They only make it to the next bar.  Just sayin' 😆

- b

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 4:34 PM, cbr046 said:

While the Japanese crowd refers to Hardleys as bar stoppers.  They only make it to the next bar.  Just sayin' 😆

- b

That's so they can replenish the earth with oil everywhere they go!

• Haha 1

My Harley has 76k miles and the only things I've done is maintenance and tires.  Two kinds of people that ride motorcycles, those that ride Harleys, and those that wish they were... 😂

I would not want to be in the test group for bean based tires, interesting though for sure.  I hope they work!

1 minute ago, Mark Underhill said:

My Harley has 76k miles and the only things I've done is maintenance and tires.  Two kinds of people that ride motorcycles, those that ride Harleys, and those that wish they were... 😂

I would not want to be in the test group for bean based tires, interesting though for sure.  I hope they work!

My dad had a '77 Shovelhead that he picked up new at the AMF plant in York, PA. I know the Shovelheads are supposed to drip a bit of oil to lube the chain, but this thing was a sieve. After my accident in '91 ('86 Honda Ninja 600), I realized the Animal Farm mantra: Two wheels good, four wheels better.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Just Jim said:

one of my favorite bumper stickers I saw back in the 80s-90s was... If Harley-Davidson made an airplane... would you fly on it?

Years ago, I was looking through an engineering magazine, and I came across an ad for Lucas Aerospace Corp.
Would you fly on a spacecraft with Lucas (The Prince of Darkness) electronics??? 😱

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

Years ago, I was looking through an engineering magazine, and I came across an ad for Lucas Aerospace Corp.
Would you fly on a spacecraft with Lucas (The Prince of Darkness) electronics??? 😱

https://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html

• Haha 2