kitchen faucet update in our 2005 Safari Cheetah

1nolaguy

This week had many scheduled projects but so far I spent most of my time working on the Hot water heater. That is almost finished but also managed to replace the kitchen faucet. The OEM faucet stopped working and I could not find a replacement cartridge. Ended up getting a updated replacement from Lowe's and installing it.

The project was straight forward and the new faucet came with everything needed for install except a screwdriver. The challenge was removal and installation. I think this project was better suited for a skiny little person as the faucet connections are behind the sink and only accessible through the sink cabinet and the adjoining heater return. The project ended up taking about 4 hrs as I had to work "blind" to what I was doing. Finished install looks great and DW is happy. Now if I can just get the rest of the projects finished.20230625_184417.thumb.jpg.88acc4b9f75ec2a601dd027ceb79a9cb.jpg

• Like 2

Before I had a new countertop installed, I removed the existing one and made changes to the cupboard that I wanted, not much, just eliminated the radius corners. I removed the front of the below the sink cupboard and built a structural frame that the new countertop would rest on. I made the old cupboard front one piece and then installed it without the doors with screws to the structure frame. Installed the doors and now I can remove that one piece front and have access to the under counter world without trying to work through the doors. Still have to go through the doors to remove the screws.

Gary 05 AMB DST

• 1 month later...