Oil Change.

Go to solution Solved by Trinidaddave,

I have a 2005 Windsor with 400 ISL.  I personally wouldn't change the oil right at 1 year with that few miles on it.  We run ours 11,000 miles per year traveling to visit family and generally do change annually but for that few miles I would probably let it go 6 months or a year later.  There are a lot of varying opinions on this though.  

• Like 2

• Solution

You could always pull an oil sample and send in for analysis with someone like Blackstone Laboratories.  You can get a pump from them and pull the oil through the dipstick.

They will track your samples and provide recommendations on future changes.  

• Like 5

Guest Ray Davis

Speedco used to do oil analysis, & they probably still do.  It's done by a machine, and I don't know if that's good or bad.   I think you can take in a sample and wait a few minutes for a printout.

HELL NO!!! While I recommend oil samples, with that few miles it’s not going to tell you much. I take a sample around 12,000 miles to see how much longer I can go… likely another 8,000 miles and 3 years. Anyone changing annually on an engine that works hard, not driven 3 miles to church, is wasting $$.

• Like 2

Send your fluid samples to; https://www.blackstone-labs.com/  They will tell you when it needs changing. Did it 10 years full timing. Saved $$$$$ , not throwing away good engine oil. 

This is a C & P from their site; Most of these tests can be combined with our Standard Oil Analysis. These tests can also be purchased in bulk as part of our bulk pricing program. For special combinations of tests or bulk pricing, please call us at (260) 744-2380. Our standard analysis costs $35.00