Winegard OTA signal amplifier has no power

Go to solution Solved by daveyjo,

My Winegard OTA signal amplifier has no 12 volt power.  There is even a 12V cigarette lighter plug alongside part of the amplifier, which is located in the front side cabinet of my 2005 Scepter.  (Voltmeter says zero volts in supply wires.)  It has always worked in the past.  It has a small push button on the amp so one can turn it on for OTA tv antenna signals or turn it off for cable tv signals.  (They both feed into the small white device mounted on the back of the cabinet.) 

But the issue isn't the amplifier, it is the lack of 12 volt power.  The 12 volt cord comes from in front of the compartment.  I have searched through a bunch of schematics for 2005-2005 Scepter/Camelot coaches and can find nothing about Winegard amplifiers and power supplies.  Anybody got any ideas where to find maybe just a fuse?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave Jones

I have a 7.5 amp fuse in my front drivers side electrical bay??

I checked my schematics and it doesn't show actual wire routing, not sure what the Aux St is but looks like some sort of switch but can't see where it goes but shouldn't affect the OTA booster. 

My only suggestion would be to get a wire tracer and see if you can follow the routing. 

40 minutes ago, dandick66 said:

The fuse is probably not marked as “Winegard”.  Here’s a photo from a schematic I had.  It’s the same fuse that powers the thermostat.  10 amp

IMG_4012.png

I don’t know why the photo is so blurry.  The fuse in question is number 8, 10 amp, marked “T-Stat, Sat PWR, TV Boost”.  Look for a small fuse panel above drivers seat.  It’s not in the FRB. 

Use a 12 volt test light and check each end of the fuses in the panel below the driver outside. Not likely marked with anything that leads you to it.

I think I wrote on a key tage with a string and hung it on the fuse in mine once located. 

I would not recommend using a voltmeter or just pulling fuses to check them. It is very easy to see the test light come on bright when you find a fuse with power. Checking each ends verifies the fuse is good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacwjames said:

I have a 7.5 amp fuse in my front drivers side electrical bay??

I checked my schematics and it doesn't show actual wire routing, not sure what the Aux St is but looks like some sort of switch but can't see where it goes but shouldn't affect the OTA booster. 

My only suggestion would be to get a wire tracer and see if you can follow the routing. 

Your rig being newer is probably different but I looked at the wiring diagram again and traced wires and found that AUX St is Auxillary start, that what the switch in the wiring diagram is. 

Does your auxiliary start button work?

• Solution

Well, I found it.  A 5 amp fuse marked cable box/sat in the DC fuse box inside near the AC breaker panel.  As I reread the fuse labels, it was the one that seemed most relevant.  

Thanks for all the ideas.

Dave

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, daveyjo said:

Well, I found it.  A 5 amp fuse marked cable box/sat in the DC fuse box inside near the AC breaker panel.  As I reread the fuse labels, it was the one that seemed most relevant.  

Thanks for all the ideas.

Dave

Glad you found it.  It probably shorted the 12 volt signal to the antenna when the coax broke and blew the fuse.