Beachfront RV park in NE Florida- any ideas?

Hi guys and gals,

I know we have some very knowledgeable travelers on this forum, I would like to know if anyone has had any luck with any of the beachfront RV Parks from Jax, Fl to Palm Coast Florida? I would love to book one for the Fourth of July and preferably dog friendly:) all of the searches have come back pretty scarce. 

Any suggestion is welcome! 

Thanks in advance, I am new here and love the group so far! Thank you!

Nic

Hello,

I went for 10 days during Christmas and NY 2 years ago. I stayed at "Destin RV Beach Resort" where my view outside the front window as sand and water.  I really enjoy that place. It's pricey in the summer and you need reservations, but with today/s situation, you will have check. It was close to all types of restaurant's and places to visit. The only negative was the amount of sand ending up in my coach. I was by myself and did EVERYTHING to keep the sand out. Swept all the time, vacuum 2 times a day, kept my shoes outside, the whole nine yards. I was cleaning sand for 3 months afterwords. I didn't realize the wind stirs up a fine mist of sand (I think) that somehow finds its way inside. Lastly, you have to be aware of the salty air. It will rust most anything steel when moisture is in the air. So, I highly recommend this place, just be aware of the Cons'. I would go again though.

Hi Jim,

Much appreciated sir! I assume the one you are referring to is in Destin FL? I will be on the east coast of Florida, but if I ever get out to the panhandle- I will for sure.  

I spent a while trying to call places I was graciously given, and no success with anyone answering. It is Sunday, but still all the lines were busy. I will keep doing research and keep fingers crossed. 

Nice coach btw, I hope my HR Endeavor grows up  to be a Monaco someday... I just love these coaches and purchased mine not to long ago, it is RUST free and I hope to keep it this way. Never have been to a beachfront RV park, so, if all goes well no matter the hurdles, I hope to wake up on the fourth looking at the majestic Atlantic ocean, thankful to have been blessed enough to have been born an American! It is time for a vacation!

I knew you guys would have some solid answers!!

It is much appreciated, I will be doing some research now, google didn’t have much, same with GS and PA. 

Thanks,

Nic 

I am going to say you will be hard pressed to find something for the 4th weekend. We thought we would do the same and take the grand kids to beach fro a few days. I search all the way from Jekyll Island to Savanna, Hilton Head, Charleston, All of myrtle beach up to Holden beach. Not one camp site available. I was even willing to move sites during our stay.  We looked two weeks ago. Maybe you will be luckier than I was, but it appears the beach area are not at all affected by the covid thing happening.

I would say you’re probably correct. We are absolutely stunned with the lack of spots available. I had assumed there should be “some“ availability, not a single spot as of right now. On to Plan B. 

Thanks,

Nic