Roadmaster chassis type

Go to solution Solved by waterskier_1,

I have seen the answer to my question go both ways but here goes. What Roadmaster chassis type do I have on my 2000 Monaco Dynasty? The ID tag on the chassis shows model as R36000. I do have 8 out board airbags.

Edited by timaz996

Well ours is a 2005 Ambassador 34 and it is called RR8R.   RAISED RAIL 8 airbag REAR RADIATOR.  Our travel partners is a 2003 36 ft, and very similar except they have a side radiator. So it would be like the RR8S but it's got a number more like what you're describing as your chassis number.  So there's a difference but I don't know what it is. 

Edited by TomV48

• Solution

According to the Monaco Brochure (attached) you have a "Semi-Monocoque Tubular Steel Frame" with 8 Air Bags.  This is often referred to as an "S-Series" Chassis.  It differs from the RR8S chassis which is a Raised Rail 8 Air bag Side Radiator design.  The body structure of the Raised Rail (which refers to the steel frame) is mounted (bolted or welded) to the frame.  The S-Series the body structure is part of the frame (kind of like Uni-Body autos) which can not be separated from the frame (and still have anything left).  It is the top of the line of the Road Master Chassis that Monaco built.

-Rick N.

2000_Dynasty.pdf

• Like 1