Cracked Windshield 2005 Monaco Exec

MJ.STIGER

Ok I have a cracked windshield on my coach. I have two trips coming up one starting in 3 days. Total mileage about 1000 for the first one and 2000 for the 2nd. 

They can not replace it until the 10th of Oct. What risks do I run if any while I am on voyage?

I can’t change my plans at this point. Just wondering what the masses have to say?

IMG_8024.jpeg

IMG_8022.jpeg

IMG_8021.jpeg

Worst case is further cracks from that one.  But, I would see that as a low probability at this point. Have a good trip.

Edited by nvrtoofast
  • Thanks 1

I would have a roll of clear Gorilla tape just in case but I think it did all the cracking it needed and should not branch out. I got much worse spider at beginning of a 4k trip and it got bad but still stayed in one piece, held by the tape. Since then I carry a roll of clear collision wrap too.

17 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I would have a roll of clear Gorilla tape just in case but I think it did all the cracking it needed and should not branch out. I got much worse spider at beginning of a 4k trip and it got bad but still stayed in one piece, held by the tape. Since then I carry a roll of clear collision wrap too.

Great little Idea. Gorilla Tape is Cheap insurance. I might even consider putting a piece at the top and bottom. Cant hurt. I dont expect it to fall out by any means. 

Drove our 02 Windsor with multiple stone dings and cracks for years with 2 trips to Alaska and back before having the windshield replaced by RV GLass Solutions aka Coach Glass in 2020.

New owner of coach recently told me that the windshield now has cracks in the passenger side corner. So, it is getting replaced once again.

The Dynasty came with one repaired stone ding and another small stone ding you could barely see. Well since owning the coach from Feb 2022 the small stone ding has develop into multiple cracks plus the upper left corner now has two cracks.

Will have to get it replaced sometime while spending the winter in Florida as I really like RV Glass Solutions in Lakeland FL to do the replacement.

Edited by Dr4Film

Our 2005 Safari Cheetah has had a similar crack on the passenger side for 3 years now. When it happened (bad 1-25 in Colorado) I cleaned the window and traced the crack (from top to bottom) with super glue. Like others have suggested I carry a roll of clear Gorilla tape just in case. We are lucky in that we have a split windshield so it does not effect driver view, even if there is additional failure. The rig has traveled about 6K miles since the crack without issue.

Two comments.  I always get stone chips repaired before they spread.  Just the application of heat in cold weather will cause a chip to spread very quickly.  My insurance covers the chip repairs for free since it is a lot cheaper than replacing the windshield which last cost me $6500 CAD.  Second comment is that to my great surprise the last time we got a crack my wife applied clear nail polish to the inside of the windshield at the end of the crack and stopped the cracking cold.  How it worked I have no idea...lol

• Thanks 1