Classified Ad's

Bob Wightman

I was just looking through the classified ads on this site for RV's for sale.  Other than messaging the sellers to ask the dreaded "Still Available" question is there anyway to know if these coaches are still available or have been sold?  I find people list their coaches for sale and then never take the listing down or mark it as sold when they do sell the RV, which makes (at least my searching) me only look at the newest posts and probably miss some opportunities on nice coaches that may still be available.  The other funny thing is that when people do list their RV for sale, and you reach out to them for more info many of them never reply.  Searching for a new RV certainly is a tedious task.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Scotty, my suggestion would be to allow the ADD to be posted with an expiration date. You can set the expiration date at 90 days from the placement of the ADD.

If possible, set it up so that  the original poster will be notified 5-7 days before the ADD is to expire and also a way to automatically allow him to extend it another 90 days. If the OP does not respond in the 5-7 days after receiving the Notice, the ADD would automatically terminate.

If it is possible to set it up this way it will take the burden off you and the other moderators to have to clean it up.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

Guest Ray Davis

Some sort of automatic termination of the ads makes sense to me.  I counted about 40 coaches for sale, I wonder how many are sold.  It would be easy for a person to sell their coach, move on, and forget to ever come back & remove it.  I suspect we have some like that on there now.

5 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Some sort of automatic termination of the ads makes sense to me.  I counted about 40 coaches for sale, I wonder how many are sold.  It would be easy for a person to sell their coach, move on, and forget to ever come back & remove it.  I suspect we have some like that on there now.

To date there were 14 coaches reported as sold.  When that happens the ad is removed. 

I also recommend and an automatic expiration date unless the OP still has the coach or item for sale and wants an expiration date extension.

• Like 2