How does engine alternator charge house batteries?

saflyer

I have been following this and I was hoping to see someone identify maybe where the connection is for the alternator to the house batteries. That way I can just remove this connection or maybe fuse. I have not seen this mentioned yet? 

As a side note I have obtained new lifepo4 batteries straight from China and using third-party BMS. Much cheaper than battleborn and much more capacity. I got 8 3.2v 280Ah batteries shipped for around $1k. Bms about $100. So 7,100 watts for around $1100 compared to $1000 for 1200 watts from battleborn. Only way to go if you're going to need new batteries soon. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, directorsusa said:

I have been following this and I was hoping to see someone identify maybe where the connection is for the alternator to the house batteries. That way I can just remove this connection or maybe fuse. I have not seen this mentioned yet? 

As a side note I have obtained new lifepo4 batteries straight from China and using third-party BMS. Much cheaper than battleborn and much more capacity. I got 8 3.2v 280Ah batteries shipped for around $1k. Bms about $100. So 7,100 watts for around $1100 compared to $1000 for 1200 watts from battleborn. Only way to go if you're going to need new batteries soon. 

Need to know the year make and model of your coach. 

1 hour ago, directorsusa said:

And please keep us posted! I am keenly interested to see how this works out for you. 
Thanks

Walter

9 hours ago, directorsusa said:

I don't know about your coach, but my 2000 Holiday Rambles Endeavor has a large relay that cross connects the chassis and house batteries . The relay control board cross connects the systems if either battery bank reaches full charge. This system is easy to recognize by the presence of a switch on the dash that will also energize the relay, allowing the use of the house batteries to help start the engine. If you have this system you can easily disable the cross connect by disconnecting the small wire between the relay and the control board. Adding a switch in the wire would allow you to turn it off at will.