How to carry, SAFELY, a spare tire for my 2005 Endeavor? Is this possible

Gonzalo

With all the breakdowns that can happen to an "antique" RV, and the stress of having said RV towed to a questionable shop for repairs that might take months.  Calling for roadside tire assistance is very low on my priority list. Changing a 22.5 or 24 tire, is actually easier than a car tire. IMG_4795.thumb.JPG.8852aca1d7045ee78fb48168be9730f0.JPG

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Robert92867 said:

With all the breakdowns that can happen to an "antique" RV, and the stress of having said RV towed to a questionable shop for repairs that might take months.  Calling for roadside tire assistance is very low on my priority list. Changing a 22.5 or 24 tire, is actually easier than a car tire. IMG_4795.thumb.JPG.8852aca1d7045ee78fb48168be9730f0.JPG

I agree, this monster tool makes tire removal almost fun. I use it in the shop but for the road I just have a pair of long spoons, just in case eventhough my spare is mounted.

Tom I purchased a Roadmaster receiver spare carrier for trip to AK. It worked fine and never needed the spare thank goodness. I’m not going back to Alaska and I know you are a long ways from Cheyenne Wy, but if you were ever passing through this way I would just give you the unit. I would rather have someone getting some good out of it rather than sitting in my barn taking up space. 

• Like 2

Some are good ideas about carrying a spare but if you can carry one get a good road side assist plan a new tire and spare Crome wheel can cost you close to 500 or carry a just tire safety if you can just be safe than sorry if I can I will carry one you never know when you need it all cars carry spare why not RV  a good Jack A big breaker bar a big Yorker wrench and nut remover a tire tool remover and take your time or wait till help comes and pay the bill thanks for all the ideas

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:53 PM, Ray Davis said:

I'm sure some people carry a spare but I don't know anyone that does.  One guy talked of carrying an unmounted tire on the roof,  I don't know if he was serious or joking.

My 95 Navigator had a large compartment that I could carry a spare tire and a Honda CT70 all at once but my Monaco Knight sucks for compartment space. I just rely on CAA/AAA road side assistance now for tire replacement.