Replaced cutoff switch now system backfeeds from other source

eddie4ne

Ed and/or Sharon

Can you make a list of the things you did and the date.  Sounds like you had quite a few problems and from the batteries then the cutoff and now power backfeeding to dash with ignition off.  Anything else.

Maybe the problem started at an earlier date and is only catching up with you now. 

This kind of happened to me when I had an issue late 2021.  I found that the indicator lights on the dash/console switches weren't working, not good when you are trying to find a switch in the middle of the night driving through Houston.  When I got home I started digging into the problem, I found a fuse blown in the #2 Monaco box that provided power through the dash light switch when you pull out the light switch.  Put in a new fuse, pulled the light switch and the fuse blew.  I started checking everything behind the dash and in the front drivers side panel.  I was getting desperate until someone asked >>>>  "Has anything else been changed on the dash"  BINGO, when I installed the Bluesea MLACR I had to swap out the boost switch for the switch that controlled the Bluesea.  I had connected the ground wire from the old switch wrong but the problem didn't appear until I tried to use the lights at night.  Swapped the wires and that fixed the problem. 

So the best thing you can do right now is go back and start checking the changes that you had done starting with the very first thing and then working through the rest of them. 

My guess right now is you hooked up a wire wrong and it is back feeding the chassis circuit.

Edited by jacwjames
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DBRV.0 said:

I'm a 2009 Monaco Dynasty, so perhaps I have what you do not - a solar panel.  I

We do not have a solar panel…on our wish list!

8 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

The ONLY part that you replaced was this disconnect switch and it was THEN when you had the back-feed problems. You still may have multiple problems but it is best to work one one at a time.

Ed did replace the solenoid while we were broken down figuring that might be the problem…it wasn’t

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

Can you make a list of the things you did and the date.  Sounds like you had quite a few problems and from the batteries then the cutoff and now power backfeeding to dash with ignition off. 

I am sorry if I misled you. The ignition was on in the pic but the cutoff switch was off.

6 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

As to the Solar, that should NOT be a factor.  There is a CROSS link somewhere in the circuitry and it appears to be NOT related to the Battery Cut off Switches.  IN EFFECT....if I understand it...the house batteries ae backfeeding the Ignition switch circuit and somehow getting in the dash unit.  THAT is what is perplexing and strange.

The mention of solar was only to list a possible power source when the batteries are cut-off.  I stumbled across this when I was a newbie and my assumption was that if I cut-off the batteries, there should be no charge current.