Firefly Multiplexer (MUX) system

HHITom

I have a 2014 Dynasty 44PDQ with a Firefly MUX system. There is little to no help from Firefly and from Monaco’s newest owner. Here is the help I need:

1) DIP switch settings for the right forward switch that is in the (curb-side) passenger forward slide-out. A picture of the front of the switch and a picture of the back side would be GREATLY appreciated. There are 4 screws that hold it to the slider wall. I am willing to pay for these pictures too.

2) Location of the MUX programmable computer. I have scoured the basement locations and nothing has FIREFLY on it. Next is to follow one of the signal wires through the coach, removing a lot of basement covers to do so.

3) Where can I source the switch? Tried Monaco’s support line and Firefly but that was a stone wall. Tried all of salvage yards and they do not have a coach.

4) Is there a location where I can take the coach on the East Coast to have an expert work on it. I live on Hilton Head Island, SC.

I am not sure how to move forward and hope that there is somebody that can help me.

Tom Treharne

843-540-3535

IMG_9127.JPG

@HHITom

Unfortunately, most of our MPX or the “Dynasty” system is Intellitec.  However as Richard suggests @Frank McElroy & @pwhittle are our superstars.  But, in talking with Frank, he is not knowledgeable....therein lies the issue

My suggestion….pester REV and get a CD or such with the prints.  I got curious.  Your 2014 lists a “Roadmaster” chassis.  That tells me….OREGON produced.  But the MPX is not “listed”.  So, someone at Monaco did a “engineering change” and then used the Firefly system.

I do NOT think we a 2014 Dynasty set of prints in the files. Rev actually “pirated” the Dynasty name.  I can’t recall if REV purchased Monaco when your coach was made or if it is a “legacy” model. REV labels us as LEGACY.

REV does, as they purchased the intellectual property, have those prints.  Talk, beg, cajole, etc…..and get a copy of that.  ODDS ARE, then you can start to sort this out…. Firefly basically has NO IDEA what switches and connections and components were used.  The electrical prints will have that info.  The switch or part that you need will be on the prints.  

You can also post on IRV2 that you need electrical prints for a 2014 Dynasty….

Frank said someone has posted "Firefly" topics....here is the search that I did.  You use firefly in the search box and then click everywhere.  Chose TOPICS.

BINGO....

I would PM @BennieH & @thomasgibbens    They seem to have some knowledge.  There MAY be others that have the Firefly system that posted in these two topics.  Maybe ONE of them has the prints for the Firefly Dynasty...

Good Luck....If you get the prints, please post or PM me or @Frank McElroy and they will be added to our files.

Have you asked Firefly for a list of their "Authorized" shops or RV techs.  The guys in the field that work on them PROBABLY know exactly what you have and can help.  That would be my suggestion.  If you get a shop, then exchange photos and such.  

https://www.monacoers.org/search/?q=firefly&quick=1&type=forums_topic

I have a 2014 Dynasty 44PDQ with a Firefly MUX system. There is little to no help from Firefly and from Monaco’s newest owner. Here is the help I need:

1) DIP switch settings for the right forward switch that is in the (curb-side) passenger forward slide-out. A picture of the front of the switch and a picture of the back side would be GREATLY appreciated. There are 4 screws that hold it to the slider wall. I am willing to pay for these pictures too.

2) Location of the MUX programmable computer. I have scoured the basement locations and nothing has FIREFLY on it. Next is to follow one of the signal wires through the coach, removing a lot of basement covers to do so.

3) Where can I source the switch? Tried Monaco’s support line and Firefly but that was a stone wall. Tried all of salvage yards and they do not have a coach.

4) Is there a location where I can take the coach on the East Coast to have an expert work on it. I live on Hilton Head Island, SC.

I am not sure how to move forward and hope that there is somebody that can help me.

Tom Treharne

843-540-3535