Air Gauge Connections

Dennis H

Well, after my previous discussion relative to my air pressure gauges not working correctly, I removed them and sent them to Paul Whittle for him to work his magic on them. I received them back yesterday and decided to reinstall them today. Alas, it was not meant to be! When I removed them, I diagrammed their connections and made a simple diagram...see picture below. On page two, I indicated which connectors went in each location on the diagram. So far so good, right? Well, my darling wife cleaned the coach and figured this scrap of paper was trash so she chucked it. Unfortunately, that scrap was the page that I had drawn where the wires connected on the diagram! I have one connector (A) coming from the tach cluster, another (B) from the speedometer cluster. IIRC, these went to one of the connectors on the air gauge but I don't know which one. There are two separate looms that I believe went from the Pressure gauge cluster to each of the air gauges. Again, I'm not sure which one. So, looking at attachment two below, A goes ? B goes ? C goes ? etc. I would appreciate any info someone can provide, pictures would be great or simply A goes to C-- B goes to D  etc. I've looked through my electrical schematics and my owner's manual with no joy.  My wife says I should be glad I have a clean coach. and yes, I still love her.... Thanks in advance.....Dennis

IMG_1062.JPG

marked gauges.jpg

Dennis,

I didn't take mine apart that far; I only removed the Front Air Pressure Gauge.  I can tell you that it doesn't make any difference between connector E & F (they can be interchanged, and connector G & H (they also can be interchanged.  I'll see if I can get a pic from under (behind) my dash tomorrow to see if I can help with the two connectors at "C" and the two connectors at "D".  

-Rick N.

• Like 1

The gauges are just diary chained together. On mine one wire from another gauge or the cluster into C, then one from D to E, then one wire from F to G. H remains open. Whichever way the cables fit/route easiest.

Paul

Like Paul said, the gauges can be connected in any order.  They are all receiving the same multiplexed digital signals passed from one gauge to the next.  The electronics inside the gauge will sort out which digital signals they need.  Just connect the wiring harness in whichever order the cables best fit and they all will work just fine.

Here is a pic of mine, taken from the lower back, looking up. The smaller round gauge at the bottom is the Front Air Pressure Gauge, for reference.

As Paul and Frank posted, all the cables are the same color code and can be connected to any of the associated connectors.  I would go by which looks most likely to have been connected before based upon length, position, etc.  

Hope this helps.

-Rick N.

20231122_114107.jpg

Edited by waterskier_1

A special thanks to Paul Whittle for fixing the gauges and advice and to Rick W for the pics and advice. And thanks to everyone who responded with suggestions. I installed the gauges this evening, fired up the coach and everything works as it was designed to work. We are once again, Happy Campers!!! Great site eh?...Dennis

• Like 3