Gerard wind sensor

Go to solution Solved by Frank McElroy,

1 hour ago, Donflem said:

One of my wind sensors wines real loud so I was wondering if it could be lubricated or does it need to be replaced and if so, does anybody have any idea where I could find one? Thanks in advance.

Don 2007 Dynasty 

Those sensors were designed to be encapsulated and weatherproof.  That means a sealed bearing.  However, a shot of WD40 might quieten it down....I often have salvaged things in an unconventional manner and they worked well pas their normal life expancy.

I would start by calling the vendor.  You need to check the Build Sheet, assuming you have it, that will list the manufacturer and seeing if they have parts for your model.  Otherwise, start climbing and get a manufacturer and part number and calling.  Some members with 2007's may know of have the build sheet.  Don't know if there was one standard and perhaps an option for an upgrade.

Pictures of the unit and the sensor would help folk help you identify.

Please upload them.  

• Solution
3 hours ago, Donflem said:

One of my wind sensors wines real loud so I was wondering if it could be lubricated or does it need to be replaced and if so, does anybody have any idea where I could find one? Thanks in advance.

Don 2007 Dynasty 

You likely have a Girard Anemometer.  If it's the new style try removing the top and oil the shaft.  If the old style, Google Girard Anemometer and you will find lots of places to buy news ones.

Screenshot_20231126-170038~2.png