Selling your coach, Beware of online auction sites

I would like to share my experience trying to sell my coach. I have it listed on RVT.com I was contacted by a man calling himself Bob Babalina. He told he had a buyer already approved for a loan of $90,000. He had just lost a bid on a coach just like mine Monaco Executive 40 PBT. He guaranteed me it was sold all I had to do is list it with his company Sellitnow.com . Well I still have my coach and he will not answer his phone or return calls. I am writing this to help others not loose their money with these con artists. Several sites to be aware of sellitnowauctions.com, fsboauctons.net, digitalmarketing.com. Be wary of these sites.

How did this  cost You $$$s ?

You receive the check for the full sale price minus the comission. 

We have sold farm equipment at auctions since the 60s and thats how it works. 

No one gets the sellers $$$s up front.

The tip off was he said he was a Nigerian Prince.  :)  Not everyone we come in contact with is a scam artist, nor does some of the things we encounter cost us money. I didn't interpret the op's post as anything more than a public service announcement. He was contacted by someone who, after the initial contact, failed to follow up or respond back to the op. Was it a scam, who knows? OP was just providing a heads up, which I, for one, appreciate......Dennis

2 hours ago, Max95428 said:

Do you work for one of these sites John? 

No

I dont.

Unless a seller of a vehicle pays a specific  fee, like $250.  to run A vehicle across the auction block, stage.  Sale or no sale .

How can the seller of a vehicle loose $$$$s.

Was my question to the O.P.

We farm

We sell equipment and trucks at annual county or state sales. Or afew estate sales in my life time.

The auction house gives the seller a check minus the comission. 

Im just asking the OP. How he lost $$$$

Why would a seller of an item write a check to anyone ????

Is what Im asking.

I may be wrong, but to me it sounds as if the OP took the guy for his word,  listed it w them as it was a guaranteed sell and now they have ghosted him.  I suspect that he signed a contract and if he sells it by himself, he still owes them a commission til the contract runs out.  Now he cannot reach the people who have his coach listed, nor can he do anything himself without a penalty. 

Thanks for all the posts. Sorry my post was not very clear. Yes I had to pay a fee to list my coach with this internet site. I did take the man for his word, big mistake. Too many people in the world who want to cheat others. The only way to prevent this from happening to others is to get the information out 

RVT.com, RVTrader and eBay auction site are all legitimate sites. And I would guess there are other legitimate sites too. However there are several sites to be leery of and more cropping up all the time. I did check the BBB to see if there were any complaints for sellitnowauctions.com. There was nothing.  

8 hours ago, Max95428 said:

Thanks for all the posts. Sorry my post was not very clear. Yes I had to pay a fee to list my coach with this internet site. I did take the man for his word, big mistake. Too many people in the world who want to cheat others. The only way to prevent this from happening to others is to get the information out 

RVT.com, RVTrader and eBay auction site are all legitimate sites. And I would guess there are other legitimate sites too. However there are several sites to be leery of and more cropping up all the time. I did check the BBB to see if there were any complaints for sellitnowauctions.com. There was nothing.  

May I point out that we should always be concerned when someone contacts us that we did not solicit. Make it a point to hangup on anyone who calls you with a deal or a threat. If the sheriff or the IRS are after you they want call, they will just show up with the handcuffs.

Edited by Bob Nodine

RVT.com, RVTrader and eBay auction site are all legitimate sites. And I would guess there are other legitimate sites too. However there are several sites to be leery of and more cropping up all the time. I did check the BBB to see if there were any complaints for sellitnowauctions.com. There was nothing.  Great advice Bob. That will be my way going forward 

Guest Tim503

The website is under construction now. This is a version of winning the lottery but pay to get your check.