2004 Safari Cheetah - Sliding Door Broken. Ideas or help?

For some reason the sliding door which affixes to the toilet has managed to make a bid for freedom.  The roller unit which hangs  on the rear [exterior wall] side of the toilet wall has broken.  Not a good pic but hope you can see.  Are there replacements or is the best bet to safety wire it back together?  2004 Safari Cheetah

IMG_6040.jpg

If you are near a big box store like Home Depot or Lowes go look at a pocket door hardware kit.  Here is an example. https://www.amazon.com/Sliding-Hardware-Rollers-Assembly-Johnson/dp/B0CGVBLM8Q/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3KOJGF8NGTOCI&keywords=pocket+door+hardware&qid=1703275536&sprefix=pocket+door+hardware%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-7

What you are seeing in the picture is the trolley that the door hangs from.  At the rear top of the door here should be a bracket that that post slips into and a clip swings around and locks it in place. 

On one side of the door there should be a piece of trip you can remove to give you room to get the door out.  The best way to fix it is to release the front trolley bracket from the door, then swing the door out to get it out of the pocket.   The look for the trolley, it is probably still in the track.  Pull it forward out of the pocket.  Inspect the part that should be fastened to the top of the door.  If it is still good it would be just a matter of slipping the rear trolley pin into  the top of the door and clip it to fasten it.  Push the door back into the pocket and to the same with the front.   Put the piece of trim back in place.

If a part of the trolley mechanism is bad look for manufacturer and PN.    Most of these parts are very similar but vary dimensions manufacturer to manufacturer.  If you can't find a trolley that will fit in the track it will get more difficult to fix, you may have to replace the whole thing meaning the old track will have to come out, not an easy task unless you have long skinny arms.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2004 Safari Cheetah - Sliding Door Broken. Ideas or help?
17 hours ago, Les Hurdle said:

thank you.. now I know what I'll be doing over Xmas 😉

I wish I could trade jobs with you, the wife decided she wants a whole new kitchen and the cabinets showed up on Wednesday. Now it a mad scramble to get it all done before the end of today.

Luckily she has some good connections with contractors that like her and it looks like the countertop will be going on the new cabinets today and all I’ll have left is the tiles for the backsplash to finish before family starts showing up tomorrow. I keep telling her I’m getting too old for this kind of stuff but she doesn’t seem to agree. Lol

Hey James so on the topic of pocket doors since i started this hobbie of maintaining my motorhome i have looking (half heartedly) for the little plastic latch at the top of the pocket door that holds the door in the closed position. It engauges with two posts on the door itself, im sure its a design specifically for our application. Im inclined to carefully remove my one good one an find someone with a 3d printer to see if duplicating it might make it worth the effort.

4 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Hey James so on the topic of pocket doors since i started this hobbie of maintaining my motorhome i have looking (half heartedly) for the little plastic latch at the top of the pocket door that holds the door in the closed position. It engauges with two posts on the door itself, im sure its a design specifically for our application. Im inclined to carefully remove my one good one an find someone with a 3d printer to see if duplicating it might make it worth the effort.

Don't have anything like that on mine.  I have a metal sliding pin at the bottom.  It is recessed into the wood and the pin slides into a block fastened to the floor.