2008 Navigator Multiplex system all down

Makalu
Go to solution Solved by Makalu,

Hello fellow Monacoers.

So I have a multiplex system in my 2008 Navigator. Runs off a PMC CPU model 02b - 320 channel. I believe this to be the Intellitec system and not the Kongsburg)

I have read and read what I could find about it but need to ask for insight as I'm stuck.

My whole system died as I hit the main living space overhead lights. Everything is dead in the water. Macerating toilets, overhead fans, rope lights, slides etc. (Really need slide control).

I verified it's getting about 19.7mv to the CPU and each relay box. Fuses all look good. Grounds look good as well. Batteries showing 13.5v with my multimeter at the terminals and also on my inverter/charger controller.

I used the salesman switch to kill power and hopefully reset the CPU. Didn't work. I also did a soft reset on the inverter. Nothing. Then proceeded to try a hard reset for 10 min. That didn't help. Getting a bit desperate now. 

Anyone have any insight beyond what I've tried? I'm pouring over the long post about the 09 Signature that had to be totaled because of lightning. I'm just not very well versed with this system.

Not exactly what I wanted to be dealing with on Christmas Eve and now Christmas day when no one is available to come help with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

*EDIT* I might add, none of my relay modules have an LED light on. I *think* they have them but have never noticed any on, but then again I wasn't looking either.

Edited by Makalu

Just a chance. Kill all power at its source. Un plug the shore line and remove the negative terminal at the batteries. Then after a few minutes connect the negative and plug in the power cord. Other than that Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

2 hours ago, Makalu said:

Hello fellow Monacoers.

So I have a multiplex system in my 2008 Navigator. Runs off a PMC CPU model 02b - 320 channel. I believe this to be the Intellitec system and not the Kongsburg)

I have read and read what I could find about it but need to ask for insight as I'm stuck.

My whole system died as I hit the main living space overhead lights. Everything is dead in the water. Macerating toilets, overhead fans, rope lights, slides etc. (Really need slide control).

I verified it's getting about 19.7mv to the CPU and each relay box. Fuses all look good. Grounds look good as well. Batteries showing 13.5v with my multimeter at the terminals and also on my inverter/charger controller.

I used the salesman switch to kill power and hopefully reset the CPU. Didn't work. I also did a soft reset on the inverter. Nothing. Then proceeded to try a hard reset for 10 min. That didn't help. Getting a bit desperate now. 

Anyone have any insight beyond what I've tried? I'm pouring over the long post about the 09 Signature that had to be totaled because of lightning. I'm just not very well versed with this system.

Not exactly what I wanted to be dealing with on Christmas Eve and now Christmas day when no one is available to come help with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

*EDIT* I might add, none of my relay modules have an LED light on. I *think* they have them but have never noticed any on, but then again I wasn't looking either.

I would start troubleshooting by making sure that your house batteries are reading 12 volts or more, that you have house battery power into the engine compartment rear run bay RRB and that you have 12 volts on both sides of the two latching relays to the right of big boy.  It's also good to be sure that none of the breakers in the RRB are tripped. 

It's likely that you have a failed latching relay, a bad battery cutoff switch or dead house batteries.

Screenshot_20231225-163000~2.png

• Like 3

• Solution
1 hour ago, Frank McElroy said:

I would start troubleshooting by making sure that your house batteries are reading 12 volts or more, that you have house battery power into the engine compartment rear run bay RRB and that you have 12 volts on both sides of the two latching relays to the right of big boy.  It's also good to be sure that none of the breakers in the RRB are tripped. 

It's likely that you have a failed latching relay, a bad battery cutoff switch or dead house batteries.

Screenshot_20231225-163000~2.png

Frank,

I actually just replaced that exact relay for the intellitec system and it all went on. Thankfully I found a gentleman here in San Diego with a replacement.

And thank you for responding with the exact culprit. You must know your way around these coaches.

Thank you so much for your

• Like 3

On 12/25/2023 at 5:43 PM, Makalu said:

Frank,

I actually just replaced that exact relay for the intellitec system and it all went on. Thankfully I found a gentleman here in San Diego with a replacement.

And thank you for responding with the exact culprit. You must know your way around these coaches.

Congratulations. Your post is in the top 5 for the “Monacoer’s Understatement of the Year”.  Yes, Frank does know his way around.  To use your phrase, it would be like telling Steve Jobs and Bill Gates that they “must know their way around a personal computer”…LOL

Frank and @pwhittle are our resident experts and they have more knowledge than the Candy Company.  They help solve problems and can repair most of the components in the system and reprogram switches and other Intellitec Boards used in the Dynasty as well.

One word of caution for all Dynasty and up MPX system owners. NEVER, EVER use the Salesman Switch at the door like a “leaving now….don’t want to turn off the lights” convenience switch. Each time that switch is turned OFF, the MPX is abruptly powered down. Then when you return and flip on the power, the entire MPX system has to do a hard reboot. The perils of constantly switching on and off should be obvious.  The Salesman switch is a CONVENIENT way to reboot a “balky” system.  But that is all it should be used for.  The two latching relays or solenoids will last a lot longer and the potential for damaging the MPX is greatly reduced….

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 5:43 PM, Makalu said:

Frank,

You may not know it, but the Master keypad on your house Intellitec lighting system has a few hidden features like turning on or off all keypad backlights, turning OFF all lights or turning ON all lights depending on how long you press on the Master keypad.  These features are programmed into the Intellitec CPU module software.  Here are a few screenshots from the owners manual.

Screenshot_20231227-181339~2.png

Screenshot_20231227-181352~2.png

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

Learned something new. 

Thank you Frank

Your 06 Executive might not have the 6 second hold feature for all lights ON. 

This program change was added circa 07-08.  I know Bill Groves (RIP) copied my software to modify the software on his 06 Dynasty to add the all lights ON feature. 

BTW, on coaches like the Sigs, all the standard electric window shades also closed with the all lights off and opened with the all lights on feature.

Salesmen liked these wow features to sell high end coaches.  Today, many new owners don't know about them unless they read the owners manual.

• Like 3