Air bags on 08 Holiday Rambler Navigator Bismark IV?

Makalu
Go to solution Solved by Ivylog,

6 hours ago, willbo777 said:

On my 2007 Nav, which I would assume to be the same, the front bags are  W01-358-8897 with 3/4" inlet.  Rear are W01-358-9376 with 1/4" inlet.  Firestone numbers, some folks use all 8897 with a bushing in the rear bags.  Hope this helps.

Thanks so much. I'll try to spot a serial number to confirm.

5 hours ago, vito.a said:

The air bag part numbers are on the bottom.  You can't see them unless you remove the bag.

Are you certain the bag is leaking and not the fitting or air tubing?

I am sure. I can feel the air leak at the bag.

On my 2006 Beaver Thunder 10 bag chassis I used the Conti-Tech As 8897 with the 3/4 entry hole, then on the reducer bushings I used part number 69857 brass reducer bushings to get down to the 1/4 size for the air line 90 degree fittings.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Steven Schoepke said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR All. Has anyone used the smaller inlet bags in the front?? If not why?

Thanks Steve

My 06 Navigator has bigger air hose going to the front bags. I think 3/4" (can't remember for sure). I also used the coni tech bags for all of my locations and the reducer on the back bags. 

32 minutes ago, Yoaks5 said:

My 06 Navigator has bigger air hose going to the front bags. I think 3/4" (can't remember for sure). I also used the coni tech bags for all of my locations and the reducer on the back bags. 

Do you by chance remember the model number of Coni tech bags you used? Just to verify with other sources I've seen. Thanks so much!

7 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Recent post on replacing under Chassis, Handling, Tires & Brakes
1/4” airline bags

IMG_8236.png

Is this what you used on your 08 Navigator? Front or rears? Or both?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Makalu said:

Is this what you used on your 08 Navigator? Front or rears? Or both?

On 2004 Executive I used Firestone W013589376 on the 4 front bags and like it with the 1/4" inlet. DaBus seems more stable in the front. It might ride a little Rafferty depending on the road! 

20210610_112731.jpg

8 hours ago, willbo777 said:

From what I understand the front bags need the 3/4" inlet to allow the ping tank to work properly.

I have about 8k miles on the new bags going from AZ to WI, then AZ to Reno with no problems. 

Is there any reason I can't dump all the air in the system, pull the air line and cap it. Then remove the nuts from the bag. Then air the system back up (because the disconnected air line is capped) and then take the air bag out? Then reverse this order to reinstall the new bag? In my head this seems logical. Perhaps I'm missing something.