Loss power to Hot water rocker switch, also LP switch

Go to solution Solved by Fred L,

There are 2 Hot water switches.1 for electric and the second for LP. LP worked for a second, electric didn't work at all. Took panel off wall and there is no power to either switch. I did not find a fuse in the outside panel. we're in a snow storm currently, trying to pack and leave in 2 days. 

Anybody experience this? Thinking of jumping the switch next to it which is for the water bay heater. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Fred L

• Fred L changed the title to Loss power to Hot water rocker switch, also LP switch

I've had what I thought was a similar experience. Had a hard time getting my propane to light, the ignition system needed cleaning and it takes forever to clear the line of air after being shut off. Now I purge the line at my barbque connection I added. My electric switch the light is burned out so you can't tell if it's on or not, and it only works on shore power or generator. Not sure if that helps. Good luck.

Thanks for responding. It takes some time too get t he gas to everything if it runs out or isn't used for a while. I'm on sure power at the moment. The switch has no power so it can't activate the LP or elec. Still snowing and sides are in until it stops snowing, which appears to be a few more hours. And it's getting dark. I did see there is a breaker and snow fuse in a box I can't get to, until the side opens. Looks like tomorrow morning. I have had switches where the bulb burns out. I have taken the switch apart and placed a new bulb in. Radio shack had the bulbs, and it truly takes time and patience. If your on the generator and you turn the heater on the generator will tell you if it's working.

16 hours ago, Fred L said:

There are 2 Hot water switches.1 for electric and the second for LP. LP worked for a second, electric didn't work at all. Took panel off wall and there is no power to either switch. I did not find a fuse in the outside panel. we're in a snow storm currently, trying to pack and leave in 2 days. 

Anybody experience this? Thinking of jumping the switch next to it which is for the water bay heater. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here are TWO files.  One is the Water Heater circuit. Fuse 22 Is the one that you are looking for. Read your manual for the location of that fuse panel or 12 VDC Distribution Panel. 

The OTHER file is a complete, scanned, prints for your rig. File them away and learn how to use them.  They are a bit "odd".  Or example...  Look at the Water Heater circuit. You can find this file and a lot of other topics as well as  files by using the SEARCH BOX, in the upper RIGHT. I used "WIRING" and then clicked on Everywhere and then used FILES as I wanted the diagrams.....this one was on page 2 of the hits.

You could also have used the following... just type them in like this   Camelot Heater Water or Camelot Water Heater...  The order doesn't matter. Then select Topics from the EVERYWHERE Drop Down menu.  Then you would have all the posts that had those three words.  There is a fancier option or advanced search where if you want TWO or more words in a "PHRASE" like Water Heater, then you can use it or search again in your results...but you can play and learn.

The FIRST thing you have to do in the prints is locate the device or section or whatever you are hunting for....in this case, the Water Heater Diagram....that is in the title block on the RIGHT lower corner.  I typically look at the print and find it...It is in the RIGHT SIDE... OK....then look at the RELAY.  The Relay coils on all the BOSCH 87/87A will be Pins 85 & 86.  SO, that is the POWER to energize the relay.  Then follow it to the LEFT. You have to pay attention to the pin or wire numbers in the harnesses.  Just keep following it....and BINGO, it goes to Fuse 22...  So, check that.  

IF NO JOY, then the next item would be to have a Spare Relay (Amazon has them....they are the 5 Pin. I only order the BOSCH Brand and NOT an aftermarket).  Swap that out.  NO JOY, then VOM and Troubleshooting.

Good Luck....let us know....

I printed out the Water Heater print so you can easily blow it up and see it.... The other bigger file, or the link, is the entire set of drawings.

2004 Camelot Water Heater 38080954.pdf

• Like 1

Several years ago I was having trouble with my water heater switch.  I finally pulled the small panel holding the switches and started tracing wires and found an in line fuse under the kitchen counter where the switch is located.  Pulled the fuse, which looked good, and reinstalled and that fixed my problem.  Not sure if this is one of the "Snow Flakes" that Monaco is famous for.

My electric hot water heater is one of the circuits controlled by my EMS but besides that the power from the EMS goes to a small 6X6" electrical box mounted on the wall behind my main service panel.  Within the box are two relays, one for the water heater and the other for the block heater, both are turned on/off with 12 volt switches. 

• Solution

After using a heat gun to unfreeze the entry door, and then slowly getting the snow and ice off the slide's canvas, I was able to open the slide and gain access to the fuse panel in the rear of the coach. Per the panel fuse ID, it said F-14. Pulled the fuse and it was blown. Lucky me. Currently heating the water.

I greatly appreciate all comments and especially Tom Cherry. I down loaded both files for future use. If everything goes well for another day we'll be heading south.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 7:40 AM, Tom Cherry said:

Here are TWO files.  One is the Water Heater circuit. Fuse 22 Is the one that you are looking for. Read your manual for the location of that fuse panel or 12 VDC Distribution Panel. 

The OTHER file is a complete, scanned, prints for your rig. File them away and learn how to use them.  They are a bit "odd".  Or example...  Look at the Water Heater circuit. You can find this file and a lot of other topics as well as  files by using the SEARCH BOX, in the upper RIGHT. I used "WIRING" and then clicked on Everywhere and then used FILES as I wanted the diagrams.....this one was on page 2 of the hits.

You could also have used the following... just type them in like this   Camelot Heater Water or Camelot Water Heater...  The order doesn't matter. Then select Topics from the EVERYWHERE Drop Down menu.  Then you would have all the posts that had those three words.  There is a fancier option or advanced search where if you want TWO or more words in a "PHRASE" like Water Heater, then you can use it or search again in your results...but you can play and learn.

The FIRST thing you have to do in the prints is locate the device or section or whatever you are hunting for....in this case, the Water Heater Diagram....that is in the title block on the RIGHT lower corner.  I typically look at the print and find it...It is in the RIGHT SIDE... OK....then look at the RELAY.  The Relay coils on all the BOSCH 87/87A will be Pins 85 & 86.  SO, that is the POWER to energize the relay.  Then follow it to the LEFT. You have to pay attention to the pin or wire numbers in the harnesses.  Just keep following it....and BINGO, it goes to Fuse 22...  So, check that.  

IF NO JOY, then the next item would be to have a Spare Relay (Amazon has them....they are the 5 Pin. I only order the BOSCH Brand and NOT an aftermarket).  Swap that out.  NO JOY, then VOM and Troubleshooting.

Good Luck....let us know....

I printed out the Water Heater print so you can easily blow it up and see it.... The other bigger file, or the link, is the entire set of drawings.

2004 Camelot Water Heater 38080954.pdf 270.9 kB · 8 downloads

Check your rear panel for a 10 amp fuse.

Check your rear panel for a 10 amp fuse.