2 steps forward… 1 step back🤦‍♂️

Morning everyone from The Springs of Barrago, So my bride finally decided to pull the plug an retire😃 an to celebrate the event she wanted to travel an get out of the rain an cold of our home town. We had a trip here planned an though the reason for coming here changed we kept the reservation thinking “ maybe”… So off we go, we got a late start 3:00 PM, she said  We can drive till were tired then pull over for some shut eye then get up an go again… (im thinkin rookie retireie) none the less im just excited to have her on a adventure. So at 1:30 AM WE 💩out at a Walmart only to get up at 6:00AM to finish the journey, got here got set up, it was a beautifull sunny day in the low 70’s. I thought she might enjoy some TV, to make up for the “slow” moments in the excitment, they offered cable, for some reason they offered only two channels non of which she liked. So now i drag out my Playmaker thinking this will giver what she wants😎 ( so you know i have carried this for at least 2 years an roughly 8k miles and have never once used it) 2 hours with new folks i have never met finally got me the ability to have a selection of shows other than the Dish screen saver…. Yeah!

So the next day it “RAINS” it rained so bad at one time it washed the signil away for about 10 minutes, non the less there we are watchin the boob tube for the reason it was intended, rain!

So here we are the next day, no rain an folks are starting to mill about, im thinkin… like im prone to do an said, huh, time to break out the ice maker in preperation for the warmer days😃😃😃 I fill it up… i plug it in… an off it goes, chugin away spittin out cubes like a kid spittin out sunflower seeds, somehere between my shower an getting the bride to agree to a bloody i noticed two things the TV is no longer making noise an my ice maker has quit making that lovely noise of a machine work in progress☹️ So putting on my detective hat i start looking for the source of such a rude intrusion of my bliss, well 💩 i found the GFI in the bathroom tripped, humph! Wierd but so be it, i reset it and was rewarded with 10 seconds of aha i found the culpret, at which point it tripped again… WELL FIRETRUCK!!! So now the past couple of days has been a series of trial an errors trying to get it resolved. The latested being it will now stay “on” for 31 minutes with all that i can reach to unplug… big sigh🥱. So now the remaining of by brides big adventure has been changed, getting to understand NOT EVERY ADVENTURE is lined in gold an sometimes its just camping. For me… i have priorities, like ditch the toaster cause were short of operational plugs an so the coffee maker an the ice machine have full access to the only functional steady plug in the galley, yup coffee an cocktails thats my mantra😎

The. So my gentle reader just incase you chuckled an thought, HUH! Thats not toooo bad whats he jonesin about, well seems when the dark clouds decide to rain on your joyfull day it has many different directions in which to try to let you know just WHAT OR WHO Is in charge, like right after getting here an setting up,  the spring on my Omega 2 topper over my main slide broke so now inorder to get home i have to cut off the material in order to not have it lufting in the wind🤦‍♂️ plus this is the 1st time since using this rig i forgot to bring my ladder… FIRETRUCK! 
The good part is that topper is original an lookin pretty haggered, so it took me a short time to change my frown to a smile an just enjoy the time an place an the people im with.

Life is short above ground… Remember fight to stay happy an look for the good when an wherever you can find it👍😎IMG_4409.thumb.png.3c9e593f52831697ae67d7f68a997363.png

1 hour ago, Rikadoo said:

Morning everyone from The Springs of Barrago, So my bride finally decided to pull the plug an retire😃 an to celebrate the event she wanted to travel an get out of the rain an cold of our home town. We had a trip here planned an though the reason for coming here changed we kept the reservation thinking “ maybe”… So off we go, we got a late start 3:00 PM, she said  We can drive till were tired then pull over for some shut eye then get up an go again… (im thinkin rookie retireie) none the less im just excited to have her on a adventure. So at 1:30 AM WE 💩out at a Walmart only to get up at 6:00AM to finish the journey, got here got set up, it was a beautifull sunny day in the low 70’s. I thought she might enjoy some TV, to make up for the “slow” moments in the excitment, they offered cable, for some reason they offered only two channels non of which she liked. So now i drag out my Playmaker thinking this will giver what she wants😎 ( so you know i have carried this for at least 2 years an roughly 8k miles and have never once used it) 2 hours with new folks i have never met finally got me the ability to have a selection of shows other than the Dish screen saver…. Yeah!

So the next day it “RAINS” it rained so bad at one time it washed the signil away for about 10 minutes, non the less there we are watchin the boob tube for the reason it was intended, rain!

So here we are the next day, no rain an folks are starting to mill about, im thinkin… like im prone to do an said, huh, time to break out the ice maker in preperation for the warmer days😃😃😃 I fill it up… i plug it in… an off it goes, chugin away spittin out cubes like a kid spittin out sunflower seeds, somehere between my shower an getting the bride to agree to a bloody i noticed two things the TV is no longer making noise an my ice maker has quit making that lovely noise of a machine work in progress☹️ So putting on my detective hat i start looking for the source of such a rude intrusion of my bliss, well 💩 i found the GFI in the bathroom tripped, humph! Wierd but so be it, i reset it and was rewarded with 10 seconds of aha i found the culpret, at which point it tripped again… WELL FIRETRUCK!!! So now the past couple of days has been a series of trial an errors trying to get it resolved. The latested being it will now stay “on” for 31 minutes with all that i can reach to unplug… big sigh🥱. So now the remaining of by brides big adventure has been changed, getting to understand NOT EVERY ADVENTURE is lined in gold an sometimes its just camping. For me… i have priorities, like ditch the toaster cause were short of operational plugs an so the coffee maker an the ice machine have full access to the only functional steady plug in the galley, yup coffee an cocktails thats my mantra😎

The. So my gentle reader just incase you chuckled an thought, HUH! Thats not toooo bad whats he jonesin about, well seems when the dark clouds decide to rain on your joyfull day it has many different directions in which to try to let you know just WHAT OR WHO Is in charge, like right after getting here an setting up,  the spring on my Omega 2 topper over my main slide broke so now inorder to get home i have to cut off the material in order to not have it lufting in the wind🤦‍♂️ plus this is the 1st time since using this rig i forgot to bring my ladder… FIRETRUCK! 
The good part is that topper is original an lookin pretty haggered, so it took me a short time to change my frown to a smile an just enjoy the time an place an the people im with.

Life is short above ground… Remember fight to stay happy an look for the good when an wherever you can find it👍😎IMG_4409.thumb.png.3c9e593f52831697ae67d7f68a997363.png

Bummer. Welcome to the NEW WORLD.  Your new world has a banner headline…

Motor Homing (full time sailing or “crusin’ the islands) gives you the OPPORTUNITY to do repairs with insufficient resources and be incredibly creative….but in a wonderful climate…or an EXOTIC place.

OH….Your issue.  

Your refrigerator icemaker has a nasty, but NON LETHAL or even a “TINGLY” leak in the Icemaker Mold.  Very common.  Don’t rush out and buy a new icemaker or a new refrigerator….they all do.  Monaco goofed…..

ASSUME you have a Gas/Electric refrigerator but if a RES Refrigerator…..same issue.

GAS unit.  Go buy a 14 G 3 prong short extension cord.  Unplug the REFRIGERATOR cord from the REFRIGERATOR outlet.  Plug in the extension cord. Plug both the Icemaker and Refrigerator cords into that.  Fixed.  IF a Residential refrigerator…..THEN…. The unit is plugged into the ICEMAKER receptacle….which is powered by the inverter and has the GCFI.  Unplug.  Make sure the 15 (maybe 10) Amp Refrigerator breaker in the main panel is ON.  Plug in the refrigerator to the refrigerator outlet…That will fix it.

LONG RANGE.  Buy a NEW 20 AMP GFCI.  ONLY A Eaton Wiring Devices: Hubbell or Leviton. These are the ONLY ones tested and approved….don’t be a penny squeezer and think a Utilitech from Lowes will work.

After you have it and you are “qualified” to install it or have done so before, then PM me or post that you have a NEW, APPROVED GFCI.  Then you or whomever does the install will be walked through removing the ICEMAKER receptacle from the GFCI “LOAD or PROTECTED” circuit.  

I stopped counting after maybe 50 or 75 of these.  Most likely your MH can be easily fixed when the GFCI is installed as it is just a modification during rewiring…That’s it….welcome aboard… 

RE your style of expression….the line from the Eagles Hotel California might be appropriate… “You can check out ANYTIME you want….but you can NEVER LEAVE….unless you sell this behemoth….”

Good Luck

When the MH is neglected it "acts up" and requires attention.  I have a DW like that . . . . But if you use it regularly it purrs like a Swiss watch. 

I had the shaft break in my topper once.  It made a loud bang (spring unwinding), unrolled and started beating the side of the RV at 70 mph.  Trying to resolve it on the shoulder of I-75 was NUTS!  I ended up tip-toeing to the next exit and disassembled it for the rest of the trip.  The shaft broke in two where an internal pin goes through it. 

2 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

We can drive till were tired then pull over for some shut eye then get up an go again… (im thinkin rookie retireie)

Funny stuff there.  🤣

After 50 years of racing on Sunday and working on Monday to this day I find it hard to break the "get home" habit.  That and not feeling secure at rest areas and truck stops (Walmart is a zoo).  If I get home after the midnite the DW tells me to sleep in the driveway else I may be SHOT (literally).  Good advice I say.

- bob

I always have anxiety before heading out on a trip.  But once underway and miles roll by I become more calm MOST of the time.  My last trip it was one thing after another but I pressed on. 

Can't let you coach win, just keep plugging and chugging.

• Like 2

DITTO.  It is almost….”Are you gonna start?”  But, once on the way, I calm down and channel all my stress and pent up emotions into the OTHER motoring public….

Yesterday, There were two lanes that exited from my “expressway” to another.  OK….driving the limit or with traffic.  A Gray charger was glued to my rear drive wheels.  It was 3/4 miles to the dual lane exit.  I slow down….he slows down.  I speed up, he speeds up.  I need to move to my right to get  into the exit  lane….otherwise, I can’t exit.  I see a car in the rear view camera.  NOW that puppy gets the “Tailgater  of the Year” award” I can’t hit the brakes to let Gray Charger ahead and the pull in behind him….

OK, 1/4 mile….that is 15 seconds.  I just begin to “move over”….all of a sudden, Mr. Hemi Charger gets off his phone or extracts a digit from a dark place and romps on it.

That did relieve some stress and I forgot about the routine or game plan to finish the shakedown drive…..

DW was also reminding  me that this was NOT my Vette.  I chuckled and said @vanwill52 would be happy.   After all the mods and finally, the Watts Link, I do have to slow down once and a while because it “just lays into a curve”.  As PREDICTED, once we turned around and headed back, there is an elevated curved dual lane exit. Probably 1/4 mile and nothing but blue sky on the right above the curved guard rail. II could easily make it in her ATS at 70 or a bit faster in the Vette.  I was barely doing 55 - 60 when I got the “Remember…..this ain’t your Vette” perfunctory warning.

YES….just driving the behemoth sometimes does relieve stress……LOL!