Right turn signal issues (CCM Kongsberg)

After about 30 minutes of driving, the right turn signal comes on, camera comes on to video screen, and stays on, without using the lever on steering column at all.   I can change the video screen to another screen and video will go off but outside light and dash indicator stays on, no flashing, often staying like that until end of day shutdown.   Now when parked, ignition off, the right mirror turn signal outside and right dash indicator inside come on, usually after sun warms front of coach, both lights go off when coach cools down at nightfall, then repeats the next day.   What is my best troubleshooting path?   Yes I have a Kongsberg coach, and have done the 5V power supply upgrade, which fixed all issues with wipers and cruise control.

7 hours ago, Dalesincal said:

After about 30 minutes of driving, the right turn signal comes on, camera comes on to video screen, and stays on, without using the lever on steering column at all.   I can change the video screen to another screen and video will go off but outside light and dash indicator stays on, no flashing, often staying like that until end of day shutdown.   Now when parked, ignition off, the right mirror turn signal outside and right dash indicator inside come on, usually after sun warms front of coach, both lights go off when coach cools down at nightfall, then repeats the next day.   What is my best troubleshooting path?   Yes I have a Kongsberg coach, and have done the 5V power supply upgrade, which fixed all issues with wipers and cruise control.

See page 120 in the link to the wiring diagram.  The issue is with either the input to the front and rear CCM modules from the turn signal steering wheel mechanism or the output from the CCMs.  Do both front and rear right signal lights stay on?  Have you changed signal bulbs to LEDs?  Try unplugging the turn signal input to the CCM in an effort to isolate the problem.

Also, first do a full system reboot by disconnect all batteries to reboot both the front and rear CCMs.

• Thanks 1

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to Right turn signal issues (CCM Kongsberg)

ALSO check for corrosion in the harnesses from the connector to the headlight assembly - I redid mine and solved a bunch of issues.

Agree, check all connectors closely.  I had both headlight wiring harness plugs become very rusted and corroded.  Replacing both solved several issues. 

Common sense and a tiny dab of an anti corrosion compound applied to each male and female connector will enhance or improve conductivity and prevent future occurrence.  I had to salvage, in 2008, a 50 year old Square D 200A panel in a house that had been vacant for a few months and a leak occurred and the panel was wet on the inside. It never “tripped” but several breakers, on one side were wet.  I talked to a couple of electrical contractors and some experienced electricians.

They all said the same thing.  TRY THIS FIRST. Obviously the leak had been corrected and all was dry.  The panel was in a basement or full height crawl space.

Noalox was the name of the compound. Lowes used to sell it, but switched to Gardner Bender. It is a toothpaste or thick hand cream consistency compound. It is an anti oxidant that is designed to prevent corrosion or bi-metalism reaction between Cu and Al…used extensively for making connections between Cu & Al joints in manufactured housing where there is an abundance of Al wire and such. It also has a 40% (memory) or so “Aluminum” fines blended in. That improves the conductivity. Noalox says it can and is recommended for Cu joints as well. Amazon has another product with a high percentage of Cu fines blended in with an anti-corrosion “compound”.

THE SAGE WARNING….use SPARINGLY.  Just a tiny dab on the spring clips of a breaker and the mating Cu buss on the panel. Snap into place.  Pop out, maybe reapply half of what you used the first time and then seat and unseat the connection a few times.

NOW…this has worked on my umbilical TOAD cord as well. I purchased 0.17 or 17 Caliber bore cleaning brass brush.  Used a toothpick and barely coated the tip of the male connector and cleaned the female with the brush and put a dab inside.  Worked miracles. Mated and unmated them. I have, maybe every 5 years, put a small dab on each of the male and female connectors on the 50 - 30 A dogbone that is outside all the time when my rig is in storage.

That’s my “Hint from Heloise” on removing corrosion and salvaging connectors… BTW, the breaker panel in the rental house, after 15 years, is fine and we never had any issues….