This will break your heart...

I watched that. Disgusting.

It is sad

I'm not going to put anyone down, at the end of the video the driver explains that the owner ended up having to go into hospice and forfeited the truck to the city so it could be hauled off and scrapped, however, during the time it was empty someone moved into it.   My guess is that a situation like this happens all the time, people fall into hard times and can't recover.  

Hell that may be me one day, so I'm not going to second guess the circumstances. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

It is sad

I'm not going to put anyone down, at the end of the video the driver explains that the owner ended up having to go into hospice and forfeited the truck to the city so it could be hauled off and scrapped, however, during the time it was empty someone moved into it.   My guess is that a situation like this happens all the time, people fall into hard times and can't recover.  

Hell that may be me one day, so I'm not going to second guess the circumstances. 

I kinda mull this in my head at times, and I’m with you. I don’t know what I’d do if I lost my wife. I’d be a step or two down this road. 

We are trying to right the ship here with making hard drugs illegal again, and it should help in the long run. 

My wife has a dog show friend, who fell last week and broke a hip, no spouse and kids don't care and are 1000 miles away.  She's in a bind both from the injury but no money and high insurance deductible.  Not a good situation but it happens.  My wife will go and get most of the show dogs she has and take care of them while she is recovering. 

Current estimate is that a married couple should have $430K in savings just to take care of medical expenses in retirement.  Needless to say a lot of people don't have that.  

The owner of the RV acquired what once was a very nice coach.  My guess is that he did the best he could to take care of it, but at some point you have to let it go. 

Again, crap happens and I'm in no position to judge.