Location of Trailer Charging Fuse -06 Endeaver/Diplomat

Go to solution Solved by MyronTruex,

Posted (edited)

I don't have any power on the trailer charging line? does anybody have any knowledge of where the fuse and relay would be located it says it is in the rear relay distribution box but cant find where it is at. I have a 2006 endeavor

Thank you.

Edited by George
tell model

Offline I was trying to help George and I asked him to post this question.  According to the wiring diagrams there is something called a "Rear Distribution" with 10 relay and 16 fuses.  These would include relays and fuses for the rear turn signal/stop lights, engine ECM, Transmission computer and the battery charging power for the trailer plug connector.  Does anyone know where the "Rear Distribution" fuses/relays are located? (BTW, the owners manual doesn't mention it but the wiring diagrams show it.)

• Frank McElroy changed the title to Location of Trailer Charging Fuse -06 Endeaver/Diplomat

On my 2008 Endeavor the distribution panel is on the passenger side, last compartment. It looks identical to the front run distribution box below the driver. Inside that compartment are a few boxes. 

• Thanks 1

FWIW….I had helped another member with issues and the RRB location and layout was in question.

OK….I used the INDEX in the above file and also located the print. Posted two PDF’s..s  These may be what Frank is referring to, but, here is the print of the RRB “BOARD” or such.

Hope this helps.  The relay and the 20 Amp fuse are plainly there…towards the mid to upper right on the print.  PLEASE remember….the IGNITION switch MUST BE ON to energize the relay.  Test the pin on the 7 pin rear plug…..without the key ON….NADA.  A common mistake that is made….

2007%20Diplomat%20%26%20Endeavor%20Wiring%20Diagrams%20INDEX..pdf 2007%20Rear%20Bay%20Wiring%2016622596.dwg.pdf

27 minutes ago, dandick66 said:

Here are pictures of mine - 2012 Diplomat.  I had a heck of a time finding it since the drawings indicate the fuse is in the FRB.  Also, mine was marked ECM battery.  

IMG_5120.jpeg

IMG_4073.jpeg

IMG_4072.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

IMG_4074.png

Yours is different from the RRB in the Endeavor.  Your’s is a spinoff of the 2008 Camelots.  The 2006 Endeavor has a board, similar to your  front board….just not as big and complex.  The print I posted is a layout of the board with fuse and relay location. You got my curiosity up, so I checked my prints. You are correct.  One of the Relays IS the Trailer charging relay.  The other is very critical.  It is the BIRD (BiDerectional) and Boost relay.  If it fails….dead batteries or NO BOOST.  BTW…if your House Bank is DEAD….the Boost or Big Boy Solenoid will NOT work. If you need the BOOST to start the GENNY….ain’t gonna work.  You HAVE to turn off both disconnect switches and use a Jumper Cable….after you turn the switches back ON.  There is no other SAFE way to do it as you run the risk of burning up the coil on the Big Boy. The Genny will start….you don’t need, nor should you use the Boost. It is OK, carefully, to remove the Jumper cable.  Once the House gets enough surface charge the BIRD system comes back on line. ONE enterprising owner suggested a second “Boost Switch” under the dash. You wired in a fused (10 A) Chassis Power (Hot) to the power input on the up front Boost switch.  You had a push button Momentary contact switch on the Chassis line. THUS, you held ON both the hand switch and the BOOST switch and THEN had someone push the Genny Start.  That Chassis line temporarily powered the BOOST so 12 VDC went to the relay…. LOL?  Got all that.  A Jumper is always your friend….

BUT….your pictures makes a point that I just made on the post about an older slide issue.

The NEED to evaluate your fuses and carry spares.  The large Bussmann Ignition fuses are not at any big box or auto store.  If you blow one of them….DOA.  I finally found a shorter one and had to drill a hole and use extra washers.  My advice.  Find the exact BUSSMANN Ignition (heat proof) fuses.  Inventory snd get one of each. Amazon usually has, bit there are online electronic sites as well.

You also have a 300 Amp Inverter fuse…blow that….NO INTERNAL AC.  The Magnum HAS TO BE ON and it HAS TO HAVE 12 VDC (the fuse is on the Positive), OTHERWISE, the Magnum’s INTERNAL ATS will not give your 120 outlets POWER….even on Genny or SHORE.  Some do NOT realize that the interior outlet circuit goes THROUGH the Magnum….and it has to be on and working to provide AC.  There is NO direct or circuit breaker connection through the main 50A panel to those outlets.  

Just a tip we often post….frequently as folks don’t know that many of the fuses are high end specialty items and no where tombe found….even in a High Tech Area like in Raleigh Durham.

Frank and I have been back and forth on this.  Here is a picture from a FOR SALE 2006 Endeavor.  

MY BEST GUESS...

The cabinet with the Thumb Screw above the Batteries MIGHT (SURE HOPE SO) contains the board. Can't tell from the picture if there is a missing thumbscrew on the right side or if you loosen the thumb screw on the right, it will swing out...

The other picture with a LABEL that is affixed, now dangling, is in our topics and is a 2003 Endeavor....ODDS are...this is it...OR NOT...let us know...

Sometimes these searches take on a life or "career" of their own...

NO GUARANTEES....but TRY THERE....2006EndeavorRRBMISSINGBOARD.jpg.9e8b9bc52e7f18d27de57cbcb8ac9506.jpg

1183997433_remoteignbuss2.thumb.jpg.6f171fec151ff939bca6cb95cb5a5c11.jpg

• Solution

Rear run bay. Right side, last compartment. The fuse panel is just like the two up front on mine but of course these have different functions. I should have taken a close up of the fuse layout in the lid. To the right of this fuse panel is the automatic generator start control board. Then to its right is a cover for the pre-heat and starter relay panel. 

The Magnum 2012 is on the floor of the compartment. There is a fan that cools the compartment and is controlled by a snap thermistor device.

I'm just tossing out some useless information but may help clarify things for someone. For some darn reason the pictures are turned 90 degrees. I'm too lazy to fix them. 

IMG_20240515_173424200.jpg

IMG_20240515_173440643.jpg

IMG_20240515_173506487.jpg

IMG_20240515_173510630.jpg

3 hours ago, MyronTruex said:

Rear run bay. Right side, last compartment. The fuse panel is just like the two up front on mine but of course these have different functions. I should have taken a close up of the fuse layout in the lid. To the right of this fuse panel is the automatic generator start control board. Then to its right is a cover for the pre-heat and starter relay panel. 

The Magnum 2012 is on the floor of the compartment. There is a fan that cools the compartment and is controlled by a snap thermistor device.

I'm just tossing out some useless information but may help clarify things for someone. For some darn reason the pictures are turned 90 degrees. I'm too lazy to fix them. 

IMG_20240515_173424200.jpg

IMG_20240515_173440643.jpg

IMG_20240515_173506487.jpg

IMG_20240515_173510630.jpg

Myron,

THAT makes sense to me.  I did not blow up your photos (shame on you for not editing...  LOL)...but I'll bet that the relays in the print that I posted match up or are close to what you have in yours.  There were some "upgrades" and such...circa 2007 or so and your 2008 may be a bit different...but now the OP has a target.

BTW...Frank said that he had opened the mystery box...and was going to get better lighting and peer around in there..  it was a "maze" of wires...or that was my understanding.

SO, maybe he will shoot some pictures and maybe his is where your's is.  I went through about 10 adds for a Diplomat and Endeavor (2006) and the box above the batteries was the only thing that stuck out....I also pulled the manual before and after and NONE of them...or I MISSED IT...had any details.  The Manuals gave info on the two Monaco 1 and Monaco 2 FRONT Boards...but nary a sentence or illustration on the Board called out on the prints.

I guess we see.  I also search the posts hoping to find photos...but the black box in the battery compartment was the only item.

OK....CURIOSITY IS ADDICTIVE.

Here is a Link to the BEST For Sale ad for a 2006 Endeavor or Diplomat....as I said... I scanned 10 of them.  

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2006-Holiday+Rambler-Endeavor+Series+40PDQ+400hp-5029781670

If you open it and go BACKWARDS...almost 50 photos...you'll see the ones that I copied...to save you the trouble...here is the ONLY one that I found that I overlooked and it has the INVERTER... NOW...I wonder what the black box on the right side towards the top is (near the AGS)?

Please look at it and see if it sort of matches what you have... If you want to really find the needle, then blow up the last photos (in the high 30's or low 40's) and see if you can find it...  This is now a challenge....or at least for me....I HATE unresolved issues...

Thanks again....we'll see where it is...and then we'll all know...

2006 Endeavor Inverter bay.jpg

I was working offline with the OP and I also tried to find that rear distribution panel in the manual - I couldn't find it even mentioned.  So I suggested that George post the question on the forum - surely someone will know the location - looks like Myron knows.  Myron, thanks for the pictures - much appreciated.

Posted (edited)

Tom, the black box is the "pre-heat" panel. Basing that on my picture with the little dyno label. I have schematics for that. The black box on the left is the compartment vent fan. The control box is of course, the generator AGS module. 

The big black box in the back of my battery compartment has a power strip with self resetting breakers. One breaker for example feeds my macerator toilet. This is also where the Solar wires come into and go to my solar controller. I probably have pictures of it open. 

Battery Compartment.pdf

Edited by MyronTruex
Adding battery compartment pic

1 hour ago, MyronTruex said:

Tom, the black box is the "pre-heat" panel. Basing that on my picture with the little dyno label. I have schematics for that. The black box on the left is the compartment vent fan. The control box is of course, the generator AGS module. 

The big black box in the back of my battery compartment has a power strip with self resetting breakers. One breaker for example feeds my macerator toilet. This is also where the Solar wires come into and go to my solar controller. I probably have pictures of it open. 

Battery Compartment.pdf 369.03 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks,

So, based on the three pictures from a 2006 Endeavor, where is the board or did their photos not show or depict it well?

I’m at a loss….or standstill….something I rarely admit….LOL.

GOTTA BE THERE….just WHERE?

Posted (edited)

Tom,

The rear distribution box on the 2006-2008 Endeavors is the box in Myron's photo of the rear passenger side compartment.  It has the plastic 1/2 turn closure on it.  On the 05 and earlier units the items in the box were upfront in what was labeled as Monaco Box 1 and 2.  As Monaco, under Navistar, moved and made many changes in the later models of components.

Edited by Larry Laursen

On 5/15/2024 at 11:04 AM, Tom Cherry said:

Yours is different from the RRB in the Endeavor.  Your’s is a spinoff of the 2008 Camelots.  The 2006 Endeavor has a board, similar to your  front board….just not as big and complex.  The print I posted is a layout of the board with fuse and relay location. You got my curiosity up, so I checked my prints. You are correct.  One of the Relays IS the Trailer charging relay.  The other is very critical.  It is the BIRD (BiDerectional) and Boost relay.  If it fails….dead batteries or NO BOOST.  BTW…if your House Bank is DEAD….the Boost or Big Boy Solenoid will NOT work. If you need the BOOST to start the GENNY….ain’t gonna work.  You HAVE to turn off both disconnect switches and use a Jumper Cable….after you turn the switches back ON.  There is no other SAFE way to do it as you run the risk of burning up the coil on the Big Boy. The Genny will start….you don’t need, nor should you use the Boost. It is OK, carefully, to remove the Jumper cable.  Once the House gets enough surface charge the BIRD system comes back on line. ONE enterprising owner suggested a second “Boost Switch” under the dash. You wired in a fused (10 A) Chassis Power (Hot) to the power input on the up front Boost switch.  You had a push button Momentary contact switch on the Chassis line. THUS, you held ON both the hand switch and the BOOST switch and THEN had someone push the Genny Start.  That Chassis line temporarily powered the BOOST so 12 VDC went to the relay…. LOL?  Got all that.  A Jumper is always your friend….

BUT….your pictures makes a point that I just made on the post about an older slide issue.

The NEED to evaluate your fuses and carry spares.  The large Bussmann Ignition fuses are not at any big box or auto store.  If you blow one of them….DOA.  I finally found a shorter one and had to drill a hole and use extra washers.  My advice.  Find the exact BUSSMANN Ignition (heat proof) fuses.  Inventory snd get one of each. Amazon usually has, bit there are online electronic sites as well.

You also have a 300 Amp Inverter fuse…blow that….NO INTERNAL AC.  The Magnum HAS TO BE ON and it HAS TO HAVE 12 VDC (the fuse is on the Positive), OTHERWISE, the Magnum’s INTERNAL ATS will not give your 120 outlets POWER….even on Genny or SHORE.  Some do NOT realize that the interior outlet circuit goes THROUGH the Magnum….and it has to be on and working to provide AC.  There is NO direct or circuit breaker connection through the main 50A panel to those outlets.  

Just a tip we often post….frequently as folks don’t know that many of the fuses are high end specialty items and no where tombe found….even in a High Tech Area like in Raleigh Durham.

Tom,

I never thought about getting spares of the “big” fuses.  The prices for the 60, 125 and 200 amp fuses aren’t bad, but Bussman is proud of that $300 amp fuse.  The pricing is all over the map on that one.  I actually found a Blue Seas 300 amp fuse for $30 with shipping, and ordered that.  I’ll put these fuses in the FRB with my other spare fuses.  
Thanks for the suggestion.

1 hour ago, dandick66 said:

Tom,

I never thought about getting spares of the “big” fuses.  The prices for the 60, 125 and 200 amp fuses aren’t bad, but Bussman is proud of that $300 amp fuse.  The pricing is all over the map on that one.  I actually found a Blue Seas 300 amp fuse for $30 with shipping, and ordered that.  I’ll put these fuses in the FRB with my other spare fuses.  
Thanks for the suggestion.

I don’t rightly recall if my 300 A fuse was a Bussmann.  I had an issue, finally resolved, with my front hydraulic motor and blew the 200 A fuse. I tried two off brand ANL.  They were not “ignition proof” like the OEM Bussmann was…

I know that whatever brand my 300 A was, I couldn’t find it in Amazon.  So put me down as “duh?”.  All I would do is get a tech or spec sheet on what fuse you have.  Then call Blue Seas if they have one that should work. They will be honest.  The other trick…google the Bussmann PN and add CROSS REFERENCE and see what pops up. Pay attention to the dimensions.

On 5/24/2024 at 9:55 AM, Tom Cherry said:

I don’t rightly recall if my 300 A fuse was a Bussmann.  I had an issue, finally resolved, with my front hydraulic motor and blew the 200 A fuse. I tried two off brand ANL.  They were not “ignition proof” like the OEM Bussmann was…

I know that whatever brand my 300 A was, I couldn’t find it in Amazon.  So put me down as “duh?”.  All I would do is get a tech or spec sheet on what fuse you have.  Then call Blue Seas if they have one that should work. They will be honest.  The other trick…google the Bussmann PN and add CROSS REFERENCE and see what pops up. Pay attention to the dimensions.

I checked the data sheets for both.  They are identical in dimensions and electrical characteristics.  Now, I have to see if I ever get the new one.  It shipped from Florida on Tuesday.  Got to Richmond (60 miles from me) on Friday at 1203 AM.  For some reason it was sent to Roanoke and then Greensboro and then back to Roanoke.  Per USPS website it departed Roanoke at 1123 on Saturday.  I’m hoping to get it next week.  We’ll see…

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2024 at 8:01 AM, dandick66 said:

I checked the data sheets for both.  They are identical in dimensions and electrical characteristics.  Now, I have to see if I ever get the new one.  It shipped from Florida on Tuesday.  Got to Richmond (60 miles from me) on Friday at 1203 AM.  For some reason it was sent to Roanoke and then Greensboro and then back to Roanoke.  Per USPS website it departed Roanoke at 1123 on Saturday.  I’m hoping to get it next week.  We’ll see…

I received the new Blue Seas fuse and it is fit, form and function correct.  I didn’t realize it before, but the fuse block is actually made by Blue Seas.