SInce I had my coach painted I have a whistle noise in the front at about 50-65 MPH - very annoying to say the least.

I thought it might have something to do with the entry door awning (had similar noise when I bought it and it was the awning) so I re-stuffed it with pool noodles to change the airflow which made noise last time - no joy.

The mirrors and wipers were removed and reinstalled for paint but nothing looks out of the ordinary there. Nothing else has changed and I'm at a loss.

I have a bra that I put on before every trip so it is not wind noise entering the generator compartment. Any suggestions?

Mine was similar.  I have a side window on the driver's side.  The frame comes together (on the outside) as a point...or the front member of the frame is vertical or STRAIGHT UP.  The Lower frame member is at a slight angle. If you stood outside and looked at the Driver's window...the front of the frame is lower that the back...maybe 3 or 4 inches. I heard the noise.  I finally started putting painter's tape in a few spots.  I found that the Driver's side window pain had a tiny hole or void in the mitered joint...and air, at highway speeds, was coming in and whistling.

That's it.  Try taping off various joints or corners or edges.  ODDS ARE...a Seal or caulking void....very small, which makes it higher pitched and more intense.

The fix... a small glob or RTV Sealer....maybe 1/16" Diameter. It does NOT take much of a hole for it to whiste.

May not be your issue...but others have had this same experience.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Mine was similar.  I have a side window on the driver's side.  The frame comes together (on the outside) as a point...or the front member of the frame is vertical or STRAIGHT UP.  The Lower frame member is at a slight angle. If you stood outside and looked at the Driver's window...the front of the frame is lower that the back...maybe 3 or 4 inches. I heard the noise.  I finally started putting painter's tape in a few spots.  I found that the Driver's side window pain had a tiny hole or void in the mitered joint...and air, at highway speeds, was coming in and whistling.

That's it.  Try taping off various joints or corners or edges.  ODDS ARE...a Seal or caulking void....very small, which makes it higher pitched and more intense.

The fix... a small glob or RTV Sealer....maybe 1/16" Diameter. It does NOT take much of a hole for it to whiste.

May not be your issue...but others have had this same experience.

That's worth a shot. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still chasing this problem.

I wonder if it the mirror mounts - see the pic below - that's passenger side - driver side is the same.

I don't remember what OEM looked like - was there a sealant between the mirror mount and the body? I'm pretty sure the paint shop did not bother if it was needed.

Can someone with the about the same year take a look please?  It sure would explain the issue. It will be easy enough to run a bead of along the edge.

IMG_4270.thumb.jpg.71a8e7f48f1a2f9adf3b8c6da2c8fdc5.jpgThanks.

I taped the same space last summer when we got a new annoying sound at certain times, not a high pitch but a low tone, maybe effected by wind direction, cant tell for sure. Did not help. We have ZiP Dee door awning with hollow arms and once I taped the front opening, i haven't heard it since. Time will tell but did not encounter it on last trip.

11 hours ago, Happycarz said:

Vince, mine has a mount similar to yours, but with a chrome plastic cover over it.  I have had mine of as well as someone else’s off.  There is no sealant.

Thanks- good to know.