Tank monitor failure - Service Panel - 2006 Diplomat

Go to solution Solved by Bill R,

Does anyone know where the tank sensor fuse is on an 06 Diplomat PDQ

I'm unable to edit my post. I have lost power to the tank sensor panel in the wet Bay only. The upstairs panel works fine. Any idea where the fuse is for the tank sensor panel located in the wet Bay

The 12 volt connection to the panel in the bay was hot, and I may have shorted it out. Now it is not hot. I'm guessing there has to be a fuse somewhere. Thank you for your reply

11 hours ago, Kenster said:

The 12 volt connection to the panel in the bay was hot, and I may have shorted it out. Now it is not hot. I'm guessing there has to be a fuse somewhere. Thank you for your reply

I "also guessing", but think the you have shorted out a Diode.  Here is the way it USED to work.  I pulled your prints... NOT MUCH HELP.  However, if you look at the mirror image...you have the SAME style as mine...with the diode lights.  I am also posting my diagram.

There were at least 4 harnesses, per Monaco, that could be used.  SUPPOSEDLY (memory...FUZZY), there was the one on the monitor.  One had Diodes in it and one did NOT have diodes.

Then on the OTHER END....or the service tank end...there were also TWO harnesses.  One had Diodes....one did NOT.  The TRICK...just to keep the Assembler's on their toes.  You had to have DIODES in ONE of the Harnesses....and then the OTHER one had NONE.  My Buddy's Camelot had the TWO harnesses....WITHOUT diodes.... and THAT didn't work.  Tech Support at Monaco (circa 2010 or so) gave him the diode info and the polarity and he soldered them in.  FIXED.

Here are the two prints... note the KIB harness on mine.  Your print is not that precise...but if you look, almost had to use a mirror, the FEED for the monitor comes from another 12 VDC switch pin.  SO, the issue is in a harness and start probing and checking for the Diodes....would be my advice...

2006 Diplomat Wiring (1).pdf Holding Tank Monitor wiring.pdf

20 hours ago, Kenster said:

Does anyone know where the tank sensor fuse is on an 06 Diplomat PDQ

I'm unable to edit my post. I have lost power to the tank sensor panel in the wet Bay only. The upstairs panel works fine. Any idea where the fuse is for the tank sensor panel located in the wet Bay

I encountered the reverse problem the sensor panel inside went bad.  The sensor panel in the water Bay worked fine.   Found the connector strip on the back side of the sensor panel and worked loose. Pull the panel down press the sensor in tight and bingo a new day

After digging deeper into the wiring diagrams, there is a tank sensor controller for the upstairs panel and the wet Bay panel; two separate controllers. I tested be wet Bay display upstairs and it works perfect. I've determined, I am not getting 12 volts to the test switch on the little panel in the wet bay. The upstairs panel works perfect. Does anyone know where they have the tank sensor controllers?

• Solution

My drawings show fuse F22 in the interior fuse panel powers that wet Bay display.  I would think our coaches might be similar.

Looking closer at the drawings, that fuse also supplies 12V to the interior panel.  So if you have power there, then it is unlikely the fuse, but you can still check to see.  

11 minutes ago, Bill R said:

Looking closer at the drawings, that fuse also supplies 12V to the interior panel.  So if you have power there, then it is unlikely the fuse, but you can still check to see.  

Yes, that was pointed out before.  There is only ONE fuse….and that is all the 12 VDC power for most of the switches and such in or on the control panel.  Hard to get brain to do the mirror image.  Since the main control works….Problem is, assuming good connection behind inside control panel….IS…

Downstream…. Check the harnesses..  use a VOM snd then verify with the OHM’s scale….then use the DIODE scale. There are, I believe, diodes…and one or some are gone.  Follow the connectors….by pin number… use my 2009 wiring as sort of a guideline..

FWIW…Monaco said that the diodes were necessary to prevent s feedback snd an error (GOD FORBID…an error in the tank gauges…LOL). Past that. Some of our electronics experts will have to chime in and provide more detail.  BUT….bad harness….bad diodes….not gonna work. I’d start with the remote monitor and pull it snd start doing a pinout.  You can use a length of #16 or so hookup wire from the upstairs connector and then ohm/diode test each wire.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Tank monitor failure - Service Panel - 2006 Diplomat
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Bill R said:

Thank you for the update. As I dig further, I've discovered I've lost power to the hot water heater as well. I just discovered the fuse panel in the bedroom closet in the fuse in F22 is blown. I'll change and let you know. Thank you

Edited by Kenster

6 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Yes, that was pointed out before.  There is only ONE fuse….and that is all the 12 VDC power for most of the switches and such in or on the control panel.  Hard to get brain to do the mirror image.  Since the main control works….Problem is, assuming good connection behind inside control panel….IS…

Downstream…. Check the harnesses..  use a VOM snd then verify with the OHM’s scale….then use the DIODE scale. There are, I believe, diodes…and one or some are gone.  Follow the connectors….by pin number… use my 2009 wiring as sort of a guideline..

FWIW…Monaco said that the diodes were necessary to prevent s feedback snd an error (GOD FORBID…an error in the tank gauges…LOL). Past that. Some of our electronics experts will have to chime in and provide more detail.  BUT….bad harness….bad diodes….not gonna work. I’d start with the remote monitor and pull it snd start doing a pinout.  You can use a length of #16 or so hookup wire from the upstairs connector and then ohm/diode test each wire.

SO much for that theory....  Glad it is fixed.  A LOT EASIER that messing with harnesses....  Pity the prints were not that good.... BUT, the gauge panels looked exactly the same.  Guess they figured out how to get the DC power directly to the remote unit via the harness....maybe that was what required the diodes...??

Good Luck...