Tag axle dump

19 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Do you mean actual "dump" or "lift"? We only have a specific switch for lift while dump is a function of leveling system, at least with our coach. Lift fuse is in our FRB but the ultimate test is looking for power at the MAC valve at the back.

Thanks. There is no power at all at the switch that lifts and drops the tag.There are 2 relays in the FRB and only 1 fuse. 1 relay is labeled "tag dump" with no corresponding fuse and the other is labeled "tag axle" with a corresponding fuse which is good.

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Have you inserted a known good fuse. Sometimes one that "looks" good really isn't.

Yes, also tested the continuity of the fuse.

13 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Do you have a circuit diagram that would show the routing? I could look at ours but it is a different coach and vintage. Some of the switches only complete a ground circuit so you may not find 12v on them, not sure about yours.

Good point. Thanks 

14 years with a 04 Dynasty...used to raise the tag if making multiple tight turns. Did a test raising and not...made no difference. Haven’t raised the tag in 7+ years. New rig (08 Navigator) is heavier so putting 31,000 lbs on the drive is not a great idea.

I think it depends on the surface and tag weight load. It definitely gave me at least a foot or two in a tight dump loop where I had to visit repeatedly and first time, with the tag down, it forced me into sand. Not a good feeling and lifting the tag, even if only unloading some weight off it, made it safer. I agree that putting the extra 10k lbs on the drive axle is not great but this is why it's only used at a croll speed.