Multiplex Switch not responding

I shut off power at the pedestal and the the disconnect switches. The multiplex switch buttons remain dead. How does a person remove the cover to the switch so I can check the connection. Is there another way to reset the switch board? I know that it will light up when I engage the master switch from the bedroom that illuminates all switches in the coach. It's the 10 button switch that doesn't respond when any button is pressed. I need to find a solution because it controls my front slides. I have one slide stuck in and one stuck out. I have 2 weeks before the park closes to resolve my problem. Thanks

Pat

2007 Monaco Executive

20200911_121610.jpg

1 minute ago, willbo777 said:

Like Paul says, check the modules in the bedroom closet, and if that doesn't do it, completely power down the c coach including the batteries for a few minutes and see if that resets it.

I checked the modules and changed the fuses. This morning I shut power at the pedestal then disconnected the chassis and coach batteries at the battery compartment. I was hoping that doing so would restore the multiplex switch. No change. 

I  am fighting this badly on my 2012 Dynasty.  You have a slightly different system than me, as I understand.  One trick I learned, that worked in the past for me, is you need to take one more step in your power down/reset procedure. 

1.  Unhook from pedestal.  2.  Cover and unhook your solar panels if you have them.  Remember, solar panels produce all the time and can cause problems if not covered, the power has no where to go  and can damage stuff.  3.  Unhook both the house and starting batteries.  4.  Take jumper wires, and hook them between the positive and negative wires, to pull down any capacitors in the systems that may be holding voltage.  Leave unhooked for 1/2 hour minimum.  5.  Then assemble.   Hope this helps.  REV is no help at all on this.    Skip Smith

I struggled with intermittent problems with our multiplex switches on our ‘15 Dynasty and tried using a product in a spray can called DeOxit to clean the contacts of any oxidation. If any of the switch pads or controllers are in moist locations, oxidation is possible. It seems to have cured my problems, so far!

Tom Gibbens 

’15 Dynasty 

Good morning.  Wondering if you've had any success, yet.  That Intellitec system doesn't really have many wires to check.  There is only one 4-conductor connector on it that is part of a "daisy-chain" that goes to every one of your switch panels.  It is power and data, only.

You can put something like a table knife behind the bezel and it will pop off.  It pops off just a couple of nano-seconds before you think it is going to break.  Then there are two screws that you will be able to remove to take the switch unit out of the wall.  There is a 4-pin connector that you can see on the front, but that is for programming the keypad functions.  The connector you need to get to is on the back of the module.

For us ('06 Dynasty with virtually the same system), I can either switch OFF and back ON the "salesman switch", or I can open the "house" battery disconnect for a few seconds.  That allows the CPU to reset and it has always then been good to go.  Knock on wood, right?

Wilbo777 is absolutely right.  Give a call to M&M if you don't have success.  They are GOOD!

If you wind up against it, time-wise, and you have to roll, you could take a jumper wire and touch 12 volts from one of the nearby power supply strip terminals to the terminal for the "slide out" or "slide in" connection on the appropriate module that you need to operate.  BEFORE YOU DO, if you are going to do that, first temporarily remove that fuse.  That will ensure that you can not and do not backfeed the module.  That can get you going.

Good luck!

Good morning, no love yet but continue to work the issue. The snow finished melting yesterday and I found hydraulic fluid on the ground left of the steps under the fuel bay. I broke something. The genset opens and closes normally. I tried the disco switch in the battery compartment without luck. I will use the butter knife on the switch plate worst case it will crack and I purchase a new one. The multiplex switch feels loose to me but it could be my imagination wishing for a loose connection. I have 2 weeks before I pull out and have my cabin here so all is not bad. I really appreciate everyone on this board providing knowledgable advice. It's looking like another beautiful day. 

36 minutes ago, thomasgibbens said:

I struggled with intermittent problems with our multiplex switches on our ‘15 Dynasty and tried using a product in a spray can called DeOxit to clean the contacts of any oxidation. If any of the switch pads or controllers are in moist locations, oxidation is possible. It seems to have cured my problems, so far!

Tom Gibbens 

’15 Dynasty 

Great suggestion. I have some and will give it a try. 

On 9/12/2020 at 1:48 PM, pbustamante41 said:

I shut off power at the pedestal and the the disconnect switches. The multiplex switch buttons remain dead. How does a person remove the cover to the switch so I can check the connection. Is there another way to reset the switch board? I know that it will light up when I engage the master switch from the bedroom that illuminates all switches in the coach. It's the 10 button switch that doesn't respond when any button is pressed. I need to find a solution because it controls my front slides. I have one slide stuck in and one stuck out. I have 2 weeks before the park closes to resolve my problem. Thanks

Pat

2007 Monaco Executive

20200911_121610.jpg

Push up From the bottom of the cover and pull top out. It’s kind of difficult but the cover will snap off. 

You can reset the multiplex system by cycling the salesman switch by the door. 

If you are saying that only the 10 button keypad does nothing but the others work, then you probably have an issue with that keypad. 

• Like 1

I've resolved the issue. Tested  the control box located in the bedroom closet to ensure proper ground and replaced fuses with fresh even though they appeared good. I performed a complete power shut down starting at the pedestal. Still nothing at the switch. I removed  the switch and yes it snaps off just before you expect it to break. I used contact cleaner on all of the connections and worked the connector a few times to make sure I made a good connection. I tested the switch and the slide works as well as all of the other buttons on the switch. I am confident it was the connections at the switch however I am glad that I performed the other tasks, I learned a lot. I still have a new hydraulic leak that is in the passenger side of the fuel bay but that should be easier to find and repair than the electrical issue. Thanks for all of the help. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chuck B said:

Depending on which system and coach you have, you need to make a back up copy of the programing incase you need to reprogram.  Chuck B

But how is that backup copy made?  I've heard that software from the Intellitec company is necessary to do it (PMC if I recall the acronym).   This is not something I've seen for sale on eBay or anywhere else, only the modules.