Monaco 2007 Dynasty front air tank

georgeandlouise1

If there is one pin hole from interior or exterior corrosion they may be more that may show up after the patch or over time. Plus the tanks wall thickness may also be compromised I would remove it n have it sandblasted inside n outside then visual inspect n pressure tested n repaired or just have it relpaced. I would not buy used and inherit someone else's issue.. just my thoughts

• Like 3

I would replace it. If it has a pin hole then there are other areas that are very thin. I would buy a used one either because you could be down the same path before long. The tank doesn’t have to be the exact size and make. What about the possibility of using a propane cylinder?  You can get new ones fairly cheap and have a local shop weld up brackets for you. 

Take a look at the tank bottom.  If a dual tank there will be a bottom drain for the passenger side which is the wet side and another bottom drain for the drivers side which is the dry side.  Inside the tank there is an internal check valve connecting the wet to the dry tank.  I think I might have part numbers in my file.  I'll look.