Solar panel not working

Woody O

I have a 06 Dynasty with one solar panel. Today, I realized that there is no electrical output from the solar panel. #1-Where would be the fuse or breaker for the solar panel? After checking that, I would need to check the wiring connections. What would be the third step?

Woody O

2006 Dynasty

I would look in your electrical bays near the batteries since they would connect to the batteries and bypass any other 12 volt systems. 

I have 2 fuses from solar, one is for the chassis and ones is for the house.  There is a wiring diagram on the door that shows these.  The wires actually attach in front of the battery disconnect so they keep the batteries charges if the disconnects are off.

Edited by jacwjames

Our factory solar panel was wired directly to RV30 controller through a junction box attached to side of roof fridge vent, without any switch or fuse. Being only a 90W panel, I guess they did not feel a need for it. The little junction box would be my next test point to check out if yours is the same.

How do you know it's not working?  On a good day the 100w panel only produces 5 amps and is not enough to recharge the batteries.  

You will have a Helitrope charge controller on the ceiling of the large basement storage bay.  There may be a fuse near there or it may possibly be near the battery compartment.  From the charge controller, output is split to both the chassis and house batteries.  

The distribution box is on the roof next to the refrigerator vent.  The wires go down through the vent behind the refrigerator into the basement.  

If you decide you need more, it's easy to replace the 100w panel with a 200 or 225w panel.  

The previous owner of my coach added two 125 watt panels to the one 85 watt panel (yes I know this is not ideal).  When I first bought the coach I realized there was not enough amps charge showing.  I tested all the panels and found the two Keyocera 125 amps were not putting out, I had called Helitrope at the time and he suggested I contact them as there was a recall and even though I was not the original purchaser they replaced at no charge.  Now on a good day I may see 12-15 amp charging. 

One issue that I found was the junction box under the refrigerator vent was corroded so I replaced with a new box and 2 buss bars to hook the solar panels to.  You may just want to check the box and while up there measure to see if you are getting any voltage from the solar panel.