A camera to monitor the coach interior while away?

Several years ago, the ‘Salesman Switch’ failed while we were away.  Fortunately, we returned before it got too hot inside for the dog with the AC units being off for several hours (since I now had no 12vdc for the AC thermostat).

I immediately started asking around and finally came across the ‘SensorPush’ system which, in conjunction with our mifi, provides a way to stay connected and remotely monitor the interior temperature/humidity.   It works as expected, but I’d like to know more and be able to see what’s going-on when we’re not there (you could read that as: Does she have enough water?  Is she chewing up the carpet again?   Is she jumping on the furniture?  LOL)

Without getting too complicated or expensive, any suggestions for something that can do this?

My wife’s grandkids moved away, so I can't ask them how to do it now   😎

Why not purchase an IP Camera with pan & scan. I have some in my home here in Florida which allows me to monitor everything inside & out except for the two bedrooms and baths. I use a phone app plus I have an app on my laptop which gives me control of the camera. They also have a microphone and speaker.

Question on the SensorPush system, I assume you need to have the Wi-Fi gateway in order to monitor temps & humidity while away from the coach, correct?

Hi Richard -

I'd probably have to get more schooling on the nuances to be able to sort everything out on something like that. I've always let 'the kids' flesh out the details on that kind of stuff for me.  Took me forever to move into a smartphone, but even then I pretty much use it as a simple Halo Statue  (you know, the kind where it rings and you say: "Halo?  Statue?").  I did install exterior wireless cameras for the new house but haven't got the internet interface to work  🤨  yet, so am reluctant to just jump into trying it for the rv . 

Ah, I can answer the question about the SensorPush!  Yes, you do need a gateway (like the mifi) to monitor more than ~100 yards (usually a lot less) from the sensor itself, but as long there's wireless access at both ends, I'm good anywhere.  They have good customer service too.  (No affiliation with them, btw, just a cool product).

We've had good luck with Blink cameras.  They only use data when actively recording something and we have one facing the door and one between the kitchen and bathroom facing the front.  When we had work done on our coach it was great to see and hear what the technicians were doing inside.