surround sound 2008 Camelot

CapnDean

New to me 2008 Camelot 42PDQ.   PO said that he never used the surround sound.  ME?  I love stuff like this.  Anybody know what device in the coach feeds the audio to the speakers?   I am guessing that it is the 5 disc CD changer that he never used either but I dunno.

Also:  PO had DirectTV and I don't,  is there anyone on here that has a way to subscribe and use directTV OCCASIONALLY rather than having a full time subscription and shelling out $100 a month for a coach that you use maybe 10 times a year?

My surround system was hooked through a separate tuner that I no longer use. I re routed the cables to my CD changer and I only use the surround sound for that. As for DirectTV, there are no programs I know of that allow you to use it as needed so a subscription is necessary. For your use, either update your TV, (see my BLOG, listed below) or use Roku or Chromecast and stream movies and shows. That way you're only shelling out $100/month for internet fees. 😁.....Dennis

7 hours ago, CapnDean said:

New to me 2008 Camelot 42PDQ.   PO said that he never used the surround sound.  ME?  I love stuff like this.  Anybody know what device in the coach feeds the audio to the speakers?   I am guessing that it is the 5 disc CD changer that he never used either but I dunno.

Also:  PO had DirectTV and I don't,  is there anyone on here that has a way to subscribe and use directTV OCCASIONALLY rather than having a full time subscription and shelling out $100 a month for a coach that you use maybe 10 times a year?

If you want an economical satellite television service for your RV that can be turned on and off as you need it then your only choice is Dish Outdoors.

https://get.dishformyrv.com/outdoor-satellite-tv/dish-satellite-rv-service

34 minutes ago, CapnDean said:

Yes Dennis.  My coach has a road king or something like that satellite in motion dome.  I think it’s R2D2 up there but less  user friendly

Forget the antenna on the roof and purchase a portable. Today they are automatic and you can use an app on your phone to find out where to place it. Easy setup and the one in the link below will tune both the Western and Eastern ARC and skew on both arcs so it will pick up all three satellites in each group. In other words it will work anywhere the satellites are above the horizon. The Dish Playmaker is less expensive and smaller but does not skew. You might be happy with that one. We have both the Winegard Traveler on the roof and the Dish Playmaker portable for when the roof unit is blocked by trees. The Traveler only skews on the Western Arc which is a negative for us because our locals are only High Def on the Eastern Arc. For that reason we operate the Traveler in the manual mode on the 61.5 bird. We use the traveler when we can because you can record one channel and watch a different channel. With the Playmaker you have to watch the same channel that you are recording on. Not a big deal for us because we do not live full time in the coach.

https://winegard.com/products/satellite-tv/portable-antennas/pathway-x2/pathway-x2

We dropped DirectTV and got Dish and are pleased overall w it.  A new tailgater dish for 2 receivers was like $350 and I did the install. W Dish, you can turn the Wallys on and off from an app and pay something like $0.50 per day for usage.  Of course you need Dish elsewhere to get this rate. 

Also, I think your surround sound is in that DVD tuner box that you can run the radio (not dash) or DVDs or TVs through.  

• 2 months later...

I have the Winegard traveler.  And Dish.  We have a the hopper, I bought it, that stays in the coach.  I was told that the outside stand alone will not work with my tuner, I would need a separate tuner.  I only pay for the Dish when on the road, otherwise there is no charge until I call and activate.  There have been several places we could not get out with the roof mounted Dish.  Is it true that I can't connect the little remote potable antennas to my hopper 3?  Dish might have been trying to sell me something I didn't need.  No complaints with Dish so far, we have it in our sticks and bricks as well.  We put Roku TV's in the bedroom and the salon area to stream it we can get a good wifi or cell signal.  Also, we use a Cradlepoint IBR 600 cell/router/wifi/hotspot and it works great, if you have a cell signal.  Can hook up to 50 devices to it.  We also have the Spark, which shuts down every so often since it  has a GPS in it.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

• 1 month later...