washer and dryer not working

Woody O

In process of winterizing and when I tried to turn on the washer to run antifreeze thru it, would not turn on. I tried the dryer and it would not come on. I checked the shore power and I have 122 on one leg and 124 on the other leg. The residential refer is working and so does the three AC's.  Checked the breaker in the bedroom as well as the breaker above the washer and dryer. Turned both off and then back on.  Still no power.  So before I start pulling washer&dryer out to get to the plug to check for power, what am I missing? Anything?

I cant run 3 acs and the washer.

I have a switch in the kitchen.

By sink

It says 

Washer dryer

Or

Ac.

1 minute ago, John Haggard said:

By sink

It says 

Washer dryer

Or

Ac.

20201126_163938.jpg

20201126_163932.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Haggard said:

By sink

It says 

Washer dryer

Or

Ac.

20201126_163938.jpg

20201126_163932.jpg

I think this pictures cam not from a 2019 Sognature how you have in signature 😊

Okay guys, I've almost solved my electrical problem.  Prior to this event, ever time I would turn on my coach shut-off switch, I would hear something in my RRB energize.  Now, when I turn on my coach shut-off switch, there is silence. Something in my RRB is not energizing. What is it? Is it one of the solenoids?

14 hours ago, Woody O said:

In process of winterizing and when I tried to turn on the washer to run antifreeze thru it, would not turn on. I tried the dryer and it would not come on. I checked the shore power and I have 122 on one leg and 124 on the other leg. The residential refer is working and so does the three AC's.  Checked the breaker in the bedroom as well as the breaker above the washer and dryer. Turned both off and then back on.  Still no power.  So before I start pulling washer&dryer out to get to the plug to check for power, what am I missing? Anything?

Does your coach have an EMS (Energy Management System)? On our coach the washer/dryer is one the things that is shed by the EMS and it could have a bad relay or need to be reset by pulling the fuse and re-installing.

5 hours ago, Woody O said:

Okay guys, I've almost solved my electrical problem.  Prior to this event, ever time I would turn on my coach shut-off switch, I would hear something in my RRB energize.  Now, when I turn on my coach shut-off switch, there is silence. Something in my RRB is not energizing. What is it? Is it one of the solenoids?

I would start by solving that problem first before continuing with the washer/dryer problem.

What Coach Shut-Off switch are you referring to? Is it the one that controls the 12 VDC to the inside of the coach located near the entry door or the one that disconnects the Coach Batteries completely which normally is located in one of the bays?

Mine are called Battery Cut-Off Switch & Battery Disconnect Switch respectively.

Dr4Film, I am referring to the Battery Disconnect Switch that is mounted in the battery compartment on my coach.  And, when I crank up the generator, the dryer and washer get power. So, that tells us its the transfer switch, right?

Well after reading your last post it appears that you have two separate problems going on which have nothing to do with each other.

If your washer and dryer have power with the generator running and not when hooked to 50 amp shore power then the 12 VDC Battery Disconnect Switch is not contributing to your problem that I can tell.

So, when hooked to shore power have you checked to see what else if any that is 120 VAC powered is not working?

8 hours ago, Woody O said:

Possibly the BigBoy solenoid.

But, that shouldn't stop power getting to your laundry outlets while on shore power.

Edited by 96 EVO

Okay, We are talking about a 2006 Monaco Dynasty with an "Automatic Appliance Selector" . It gives priority to bedroom AC and then to the washer-dryer. However, when trying to run the washer-dryer at this time, the AC's are not turned on. With having the "Automatic Appliance Selector", I do not have a separate washer-dryer switch. To the best I can determine, the washer-dryer is the only thing not operating unless it is 120volt receptacles that I haven't checked.

Yours is a tough one Woody! 

Everything else is working on shore power, yet the washer and dryer will work on gen power. Almost rules out the transfer switch, but it's always a good idea to kill the power and check the lugs in the switch occasionally. 

I recently had some generator issues, and the load shedding panel got confused. I turned off both battery bank master switches for a few minutes, and it seemed to reset it.

Bob, I think it must be in the "Automatic Appliance Selector", but I have no idea where it is located. I know you have a different model, but where is it located on your coach? I've turned everything off and waited a while and then turned back on and it still not working. I retightened the lugs in the transfer box.  On the wiring diagrams, I've seen everything but the automatic appliance selector.

2 minutes ago, Woody O said:

Bob, I think it must be in the "Automatic Appliance Selector", but I have no idea where it is located. I know you have a different model, but where is it located on your coach? I've turned everything off and waited a while and then turned back on and it still not working. I retightened the lugs in the transfer box.  On the wiring diagrams, I've seen everything but the automatic appliance selector.

AKA, Power shedding devise.

18 hours ago, Woody O said:

Ours is located behind the panel for the main power distribution panel where the circuit breakers are located. There is a circuit board with some relays and a fuse that can be pulled and replaced to reset it. You can also move the wire for the washer/dryer shedding relay and place both wires in the same terminal and that will bypass the EMS. If the relay is bad it will allow the washer/dryer to work but it now will not be managed.

The following document has some photos of what ours looks like.

EMS Panel.pdf

Edited by Bob Nodine
  • Thanks 1